Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

New point system in full swing I see

USN MTB race on Sat - 600 points based on HR

Road ride on Sun - 300 points on HR

New Target 300 points  so its still easy enough. I think they will get it right. Only thing thats missing is claiming points for events but I presume it automatically picked up now. 

Still got 3,000 for my 3h45 effort at average 158BPM. I don't see myself getting any less than 600 points for a ride anytime soon... 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still got 3,000 for my 3h45 effort at average 158BPM. I don't see myself getting any less than 600 points for a ride anytime soon... 

MTB was vigorous (ave 162) and less than 149 mins

Road was moderate (ave 136) but more than 90 mins 

please delete this thread and post in the Vitality thread...

But - option 2 isn't an option...Strava no more. HR device only (Polar / garmin / TomTom etc.

My advice - Edge 20/25 or a Polar HRM. Or the Apple Watch, which is free if you hit your goals - which you seem to be doing on an ongoing basis.

Negative on the Edge 20, no HRM functionality

Surely this is not just about the free smoothies?

It's not. I am waiting for the free flights thing to kick in, which they have been flippin quiet about lately. I doubt it will happen before we have all been bumped back to 1200 on the new regime. Myles do you perhaps have any news on this?

Think you might get points for time, but not a great deal.

I did an endurance 10km training run on Sunday, kept the HR where it needed to be.  Got 100 points for it.  Could have got the same if had swiped my card at the gym, ordered the smoothie and sat waiting for it before leaving.

And no it is not about the smoothie, but getting the points system right to reward people for putting in the time and effort and weighted according to that time and effort.

i feel you on the card swipe at the gym!

2 hour moderate road bike on Saturday = 300 points

3 hour easy MTB on Sunday = 100 points!

both rides recorded with Garmin device (speed and HR)  and uploaded trough Garmin Connect

I'm up to the 30000 points cap for being active.

1) Am I right in saying that no more races on the schedule, etc will contribute to my personal fitness points?

2) What is the easiest way for me to "transfer" my Garmin Edge 500 to my wife, so she can now use HRM -based points to help our overall family Vitality points? (With my recent experiences, it was really painful just to get mine to work, here's hoping it's easier to transfer the machine)

Hi sorry not been following this page much but want to know if I buy a tomtom cardio watch with the heart rate on the wrist will I be able to sync it to discovery or must I rather look at getting a polar or garmin device.

I'm up to the 30000 points cap for being active.

1) Am I right in saying that no more races on the schedule, etc will contribute to my personal fitness points?

2) What is the easiest way for me to "transfer" my Garmin Edge 500 to my wife, so she can now use HRM -based points to help our overall family Vitality points? (With my recent experiences, it was really painful just to get mine to work, here's hoping it's easier to transfer the machine)

You will have to de link it from ur discovery and garmin connect and then re connect and re connect to discovery on her name .

Can anyone confirm if the tapiriik program syncs automatically? Or do you have to manually log onto the tapiriik website to sync?

If you have the free version you have to manually sync. For a small fee you get the auto-sync feature.

Hi sorry not been following this page much but want to know if I buy a tomtom cardio watch with the heart rate on the wrist will I be able to sync it to discovery or must I rather look at getting a polar or garmin device.

Tomtom not supported if you did not register before 18 March

FINALLY got the Garmin app and Vitality app to link but not syncing - any ideas?

For their selected events. A lot of very good races missing from that list.

No Trailseeker events listed. That kinda sucks big time, maybe the race organisers must inflate a BIG ASS apple to be recognised. Vitality can just go and blow bubbles.