Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Why penalise people who meet the goals by increasing it every time?

Just let it go already. It's been the case from day flippen one before they changed the points allocations. Most of us were up to 1200 points a week 3 or 4 weeks (or something like that I can't even remember) into it. Be lucky they're only increasing this slowly now.

Edited by bertusras

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let it go already. It's been the case from day flippen one before they changed the points allocations. Most of us were up to 1200 points a week 3 or 4 weeks (or something like that I can't even remember) into it. Be lucky they're only increasing this slowly now.

Mine was also at 1200 points, then they changed the points system and decreased it.

Quite happy that I had a meeting and missed out on all the whining.

So here goes, I'm willing to donate my gym booster cash back and 4 smoothies a month to to biggest complainer here. So can we start another poll and get the votes in ...

Carbon 29er, can I leave that to you buddy ?

Myles, you have done a great job and shared some valuable information. From just a broker to just a broker , Thanks !!

I'll need nominees for the candidates! PM if you're shy or public if you don't mind anyone knowing. I'll not nominate to remain partial.

I'll need nominees for the candidates! PM if you're shy or public if you don't mind anyone knowing. I'll not nominate to remain partial.

Now we all know you don't need any help with that.

And I'm busy on the IDT now trying to make more points so my goal goes up next week. Doing my best to keep this fair, you know I hate riding a bike but I'm forced to do this because I signed up for this stupid smoothies program where I get cash back every month.

Why penalise people who meet the goals by increasing it every time?

Im with Nathrix. If the reward money for the watch owners is the same then the goal should also be the same.

You cannot say MR A is a lazy ass and if he only does 1 30min exercise he can have his watch for free but Nathrix who is already fit needs to do it 7 times a week to get his watch for free.

Its not on.

Im with Nathrix. If the reward money for the watch owners is the same then the goal should also be the same.

You cannot say MR A is a lazy ass and if he only does 1 30min exercise he can have his watch for free but Nathrix who is already fit needs to do it 7 times a week to get his watch for free.

Its not on.

If you're not on 700 it means you've missed goals and subsequently paid for your watch. What the problem is? I'm still on 400 because I've been fat and lazy. If I had a watch I would have had to pay a full month's premium probably, which means I definitely would have met my goals.

Its not on.

But Mr A will have to pay if lazy. If he meets his goal, the target will also go up, and will have to work for the freebie.

Unless you're referring to the heart rates for each person, i.e. Mr A revs high and doesn't have to do too many workouts compared to someone that revs low.

Once the target gets to 1200, a 1x 30 min workout will have to be 4x 30 min.

Its not on.

To have remained on 400, Mr Lazy would have missed targets and would have paid by not getting his rebate. The fit guy would be fully subsidised. That is if the algorithm works properly and doesn't give random increments.

But Mr A will have to pay if lazy. If he meets his goal, the target will also go up, and will have to work for the freebie.

Unless you're referring to the heart rates for each person, i.e. Mr A revs high and doesn't have to do too many workouts compared to someone that revs low.

Once the target gets to 1200, a 1x 30 min workout will have to be 4x 30 min.

I wasnt refering to the HR rereffing high and reffing low.

I dont think disco even knows when and by how much they are going to push the targets up with. If the knew they would have published the timeline with the respective targets mapped out.

This is a big wishy-washy incentive program. I used to be involved in a banks incentive plan and the design and implementation thereof... If there was any union involvement to protect the members this plan would have been canned a long time ago.

Edit : all in reference to the apple watch and the VAR program

Edited by Carpet

Wow! Are we really still stuck at the points increasing? If you make your weekly totals they will continue to increase and cap at 1200 points. This was never a mystery. The program is based on IMPROVING YOUR FITNESS RELATIVE TO YOURSELF so that you cost less money by decreasing your risk against yourself for Disco over the long term. 

If some overweight couch potato has just started the program and taken the watch deal he has 24 months of ever increasing points coming for him! He may get the points easy now, but he'll have to stay committed to improving his fitness to get Disco to pay the subsidy for the watch over the full term! If you're already fit, chances are you will likely understand the requirement better and manage your training, how to record and submit it better, so that you make it through the 2 year period without having to pay much if anything at all! 

Loads of short sighted venting going on here! 

Say no more...

okay, I don't gt the issue here. The problem here is with the apple watch not recording properly. Something only Apple can sort out. What they're telling the person there is entirely true. What is so shocking about that?

I say it again - Disco are not able to sort out technical issues with the watch. That would be up to Apple. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Would be interesting to know how many people are actually unhappy with Discovery in relation to the total number on the program. Likewise with the watch owners.

Very few none of my close friends and family complain.

okay, I don't gt the issue here. The problem here is with the apple watch not recording properly. Something only Apple can sort out. What they're telling the person there is entirely true. What is so shocking about that?

I say it again - Disco are not able to sort out technical issues with the watch. That would be up to Apple.

Myles if you buy a LG fridge from PnP and it goes faulty under warrentee you need to phone or take it up with Pnp as your contract was with them. They need to then sort it with the supplier not the customer with the supplier.

Same goes with the watch. If the contact was with discovery then disco needs to deal with the supplier.

Myles if you buy a LG fridge from PnP and it goes faulty under warrentee you need to phone or take it up with Pnp as your contract was with them. They need to then sort it with the supplier not the customer with the supplier.

Same goes with the watch. If the contact was with discovery then disco needs to deal with the supplier.

You bought the watch from Apple. You just financed it through your discovery card. Do you complain to FNB when your fridge goes on the blink?