Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I nearly ordered the watch but someone warned me about Disco being able to chop and change as and when they see fit. I'd love to see what Apple paid the Discosluts to use the watch in this scam.

Definitely some kickbacks there...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lifestyle device that a lot of people want. How they want to offer to finance it is up to them, and tbh it's a great finance option. If you want it. If the whole VAR thing fell away I'd continue to pay as it's a device that my wife uses on a daily basis.

It also seems that it's a software issue and as soon as it hits a certain level in certain exercises it only reads one of every 2 beats. That's what seems the issue from various apple forums.

You are not answering my question Myles. We all know there's a problem with the Apple watch, but why still promote the Apple watch if Discovery knows there's a problem with it as it will effect the Vitality Active Rewards, especially those people who did not bargain of forking out more for a device that actually provides more accurate data after they were baited by the Apple watch finance offer through Discovery?

No doubt.

One can buy any product one wants from the iStore and get 12 month interest free payment terms from Discovery on the credit card. Or one can buy the same product, if available, from Incredible Connection and qualify for 20% cash back subject to a few spend limits.

It's nice to work out which is the better deal.

The difference on the watch is that Disco, with moving goal posts, do offer to pay a bit of the watch over 24 months. If you can do what they deem necessary at their whim.

Guest notmyname

For sure. I'd hazard a guess the likes of Sunnto, Tom Tom etc are not partners because of said kick backs.

You are not answering my question Myles. We all know there's a problem with the Apple watch, but why still promote the Apple watch if Discovery knows there's a problem with it as it will effect the Vitality Active Rewards, especially those people who did not bargain of forking out more for a device that actually provides more accurate data after they were baited by the Apple watch finance offer through Discovery?

If the device is faulty, and there needs to be a large recall, then I support you.

But: is the device covered by a warranty with Apple, or not? If so, then I you have the obligation to take it in and g t it repaired. If not, there is a far bigger problem with Apple warranties. I suggest either taking it in, or waiting for what happens to Andrew Steer's as he seems to have understood.

But if it is, as a whole, faulty, then Discovery should be invested in sorting this out.

Apart from the reason above, I really don't know. Maybe theyre in communication with apple themselves and they've assured Vit that the problem is receiving their attention. I know from other threads on Apple forums (looked at yesterday) that they are talking to users and trying to get to the bottom of it.

Insofar as disco support via VAR goes they're kinda damned either way. If a solution isn't found soon, it'll need some very creative thinking.

Maybe it'll be a mass recall, maybe a forced firmware upgrade, maybe a swap for the updated version which should be launched soon. That'll be on the Apple side as it may not be fixable. I'm sure I read somewhere that they changed suppliers for the optical HR itself. That may be the cause of it...

Apart from the reason above, I really don't know. Maybe theyre in communication with apple themselves and they've assured Vit that the problem is receiving their attention. I know from other threads on Apple forums (looked at yesterday) that they are talking to users and trying to get to the bottom of it.

Insofar as disco support via VAR goes they're kinda damned either way. If a solution isn't found soon, it'll need some very creative thinking.

Maybe it'll be a mass recall, maybe a forced firmware upgrade, maybe a swap for the updated version which should be launched soon. That'll be on the Apple side as it may not be fixable. I'm sure I read somewhere that they changed suppliers for the optical HR itself. That may be the cause of it...

Ja, there are definitely two valid points of view that are not mutually exclusive. As I said many moons ago, the ability to fulfil your part of a contract is essential. If you are unable to do that, the source of the inability needs to be sorted.

But given the ability to read a kumquat at 150bpm, I wonder if the users just haven't found the hidden 'Plants v human' setting.

Www.applefruitwatchsetting.com

If the device is faulty, and there needs to be a large recall, then I support you.

But: is the device covered by a warranty with Apple, or not? If so, then I you have the obligation to take it in and g t it repaired. If not, there is a far bigger problem with Apple warranties. I suggest either taking it in, or waiting for what happens to Andrew Steer's as he seems to have understood.

But if it is, as a whole, faulty, then Discovery should be invested in sorting this out.

100%

anyone put the apple watch on a avo yet?

legit it reads a heart rate. 

- also tried it on a green apple and got a pulse.

anyone able to explain this??

i'm actually really not joking about this. registered 167 bmp on a avo...

My week soo far for those complaining about some of us being below 700.

Screenshot_20160524-083446.png

Vivek, I am with you, in that with HR monitor it is a peace of old pie at 700 pts for us that train. But do a week pretending you don't own one, like most people who aren't sports enthusiasts. Then 700, 800, 900 isn't really feasible without fiddling. My OH has never got a 300 ever, and she is now at 600 points. She is going to pay off the watch and go back to training as before, because it is now ACTUALLY impacting her. Trying to fiddle and go to gym, etc, is having a reverse affect compared to the activities that are currently getting her 100pts and helped her drop almost 10kg before the change. The scale is rubbish, or as someone said, they need to communicate how they will increment people, cos up to now it has been terrible. An hour at 50% is always better than a card swipe and a Kauai.

Good luck with Apple....especially when they start referring to a "bug" as a feature.....

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/31/apple-watch-heart-rate-monitoring-bug-is-a-feature-apple-says/

No news of a 'fix' or replacement......

http://www.i4u.com/2015/10/96023/apple-watch-users-experiencing-inaccurate-heart-rate-readings

Most of the articles I find are from 2015 and there is a huge amount......general feel from what I see is that apple don't have a solution.......

Edited by BarHugger