Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Are you suggesting he should get 63,000 points in 21 days for doing his job? And then Discovery covers his astronomical medical bills should he have misfortune in a crash as he did last year? I fail to see how a guy who only turns up to ride for our entertainment, with everything provided to him from shoes to glasses nevermind food and drinks, can have any relevance on the Active Rewards programme.

There is a massive disconnect between a programme designed for people who are physically inactive and those who are already fit and active or professional sportsmen.

But I guess those seeking sensationalism will continue to post rubbish like this.

The only thing rubbish here is your response. You missed the point. By a country mile.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing rubbish here is your response. You missed the point. By a country mile.

I did not miss the point. You'd have to be a lot more subtle for anyone with half a brain to miss the point.

Unless of course cluttering up this thread using screen shots of pro riders races with inane comments was your point. But I doubt it.

Really disappointed I haven't seen the Daryl Impey got 100 points for leading out Bling Matthews to win a stage at the Tour de France post yet today.

post-35786-0-73491200-1468397580_thumb.jpg

Have the muppets lost interest in moaning about the obvious. Or did they read Max du Preez yesterday about how fruitless moaning is are have decided to spare us?

Can we get a signed affidavit from all the serial whiners that they promise not to sign up to Vitality again next year...

I mean it's a no brainer. This terrible Vitality pyramid scheme that is helping Adrian Gore become a multi billionaire by swindling slow ticking athletes out of free smoothies is just the lowest of the low - nobody surely would pay to subject themselves to this horror!

Looking forward to this thread in 2017  :thumbup:

Discovery is still not honoring their side of the deal... In my case i make the points technically but my garnin workouts don't appear so each week is a fight to get my points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myles - are these accurate or just a weak attempt at making a list?

http://www.arabella.co.za/2013/12/09/5-best-south-african-medical-aid-rewards-plans/

From that shortened list, Discovery looks quite blah compared to Momentum and Liberty.

looks like a poorly researched presentation on the Discovery side giving the misconception that Discovery's rewards are below average. Edited by geraldm24

Posts deleted and edited. There may have been some collateral damage along the way. Apologies if that was you.

Lets keep this thread on topic. By all means discuss the merits and and not so merits of the system - but mudslinging will not be tolerated.

What rewards system is better? Discovery or Liberty?

They each have their points where one is better than the other, but as a complete offering the Discovery is better. Liberty's gym benefit was better cos you didn't have to pay an activation fee and you could get it for free if you went x times per month. 

As far as rewards programs go, I'd rank them Vitality --> Multiply --> Own Your Life (liberty) --> Sanlam whateveritscalled

Myles - are these accurate or just a weak attempt at making a list?

http://www.arabella.co.za/2013/12/09/5-best-south-african-medical-aid-rewards-plans/

From that shortened list, Discovery looks quite blah compared to Momentum and Liberty. 

looks like a poorly researched presentation on the Discovery side giving the misconception that Discovery's rewards are below average.

VERY weak attempt at making a list. 

I was going to post a reply (to the article), and then saw the date it was posted... 2013

A lot has changed since then - although the discounts were much better back then too.

I am just curious, followed the topic on and off but might of miss it. So has anybody goal actually dropped if they missed it. I have a written email from a discovery Rep that it should drop but 3 people I know goals has not dropped but actually went up the following week when they reached it again.

I am just curious, followed the topic on and off but might of miss it. So has anybody goal actually dropped if they missed it. I have a written email from a discovery Rep that it should drop but 3 people I know goals has not dropped but actually went up the following week when they reached it again.

AFAIK it's based on a rolling 12 week history. So on average if you hit them, it will go up. I'd imagine (speculating here) that your instances of missing need to make up more than 50% of our targets in the past 12 weeks in order for the target to drop. 

IE: you need to have missed 7 of the past 12 targets in order for the target to drop.