Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

My points from Sundays run still not reflecting as I write this. Anyone else have same issue?

I had a ride last week that didn't go through, so I emailed them with Garmin screenshots etc.

They sent this as a reply:

Thank you for your email regarding your workout points.

Please provide us with the following information for us to investigate further:

• Garmin username
  • device model
  • screen shots from the fitness devices and apps page on Discovery Website showing that the device is linked
  • screen shots from the partner side showing that you have granted Discovery permission to receive workout data
  • dated screenshots for the missing workout.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something is seriously screwy currently with their pulling through of device data. 

On MovesCount I got numerous pop-up requests when I entered the website after this morning's run to allow Vitality. Just now entered MC website again to look at something, more of the same pop-ups. Now I see there is a slew of connections for today's date from Vitality to MC?! 

My run of this morning pulled through. My wife's training of yesterday still not. Neither has my previous issue been resolved where they simply ignored the fact that there was HR data in the workout. Both of us still displaying "Nothing connected" and "Cannot connect devices now". 

And all was seamless for me until just the other day.

Something is seriously screwy currently with their pulling through of device data. 

On MovesCount I got numerous pop-up requests when I entered the website after this morning's run to allow Vitality. Just now entered MC website again to look at something, more of the same pop-ups. Now I see there is a slew of connections for today's date from Vitality to MC?! 

My run of this morning pulled through. My wife's training of yesterday still not. Neither has my previous issue been resolved where they simply ignored the fact that there was HR data in the workout. Both of us still displaying "Nothing connected" and "Cannot connect devices now". 

And all was seamless for me until just the other day.

I've never had any problems as well, but last week one of the activities showed in the calendar for a couple of days before the points were allocated. Yesterdays workout has not pulled through yet - from Garmin Connect...

Hi All,

The company just switched medical to Discovery and that menas going from Momentum Multiply to Discovery Vitality.

So i have to re-learn all the ways to get my status up.

I have connected my monitors, doing the Virgin Active thing and now am looking for the cheat sheet i.e. quick accelerator method of adding up the points. My ride this morning logged and its all working great but being lazy and rather than wading through 47 pages of answers, whats the best method and who can add their experiences or recommendations as to what to do:

• Do i or should i do a fitness assessment
  • All the other things like non smoker declaration - has that gone away
  • I have a Garmin Fenix 5 and shoes - any reason to use the IWatch offering or the shoe offering or are they more trouble than what they are worth
  • Is there a benefit to adding the Discovery credit card to things - i use a woolworths credit card for the wife and we crank up a lot of loyalty rewards on that. Would i accelerate my Vitality or Discovery miles if i added in a Discovery Credit Card
  • Is the cycling club worth joining?

Any other things to do?

Hi All,

The company just switched medical to Discovery and that menas going from Momentum Multiply to Discovery Vitality.

So i have to re-learn all the ways to get my status up.

I have connected my monitors, doing the Virgin Active thing and now am looking for the cheat sheet i.e. quick accelerator method of adding up the points. My ride this morning logged and its all working great but being lazy and rather than wading through 47 pages of answers, whats the best method and who can add their experiences or recommendations as to what to do:

• Do i or should i do a fitness assessment
  • All the other things like non smoker declaration - has that gone away
  • I have a Garmin Fenix 5 and shoes - any reason to use the IWatch offering or the shoe offering or are they more trouble than what they are worth
  • Is there a benefit to adding the Discovery credit card to things - i use a woolworths credit card for the wife and we crank up a lot of loyalty rewards on that. Would i accelerate my Vitality or Discovery miles if i added in a Discovery Credit Card
  • Is the cycling club worth joining?

Any other things to do?

• The fitness & health assessments are key to discounts at Sportmans Warehouse
  • Assessment at the pharmacy, yes! Aids / Smokers / blood pressure / sugar / weight 
  • The watch is not worth it, unless you have a newer iPhone and would like it for the gadget/fashion value... other than that: NO!
  • Keep using the Woolies credit card. Link you loyalty card to you Vitality profile for some more cash backs
  • Cycling club? No

Having said the above, I am using the shoe booster, am on the watch scheme. That said, next year I am cancelling the whole Vitality thing. it just adds complexity to life, and the gains are not really REAL...

Nice to get a watch for 'free', but for 15 years before that I never wore a watch...

Nice to get the shoe money returned... but not really needed.

Gym is nice, but I don't really use it - mostly just to fetch smoothies

Spend R300 to get back

R245 for a watch that I won't miss

R40*2*4 for smoothies which I never drank before this

R211 for gym cash back on my 20% portion, but I don't really use it

R125 for my shoes which I am used to buy

So, for me: R300 a month to get a real monthly benefit of R125 ...? No! 

My SO is moving from Momentum/Multiply to Disco/Vitality.

She's already a member at Virgin through multiply, but now they want her to pay the joining fee again.

Surely they should waive this? She's already paid that before.

Anyone know if it's worth fighting this?

My SO is moving from Momentum/Multiply to Disco/Vitality.

She's already a member at Virgin through multiply, but now they want her to pay the joining fee again.

Surely they should waive this? She's already paid that before.

Anyone know if it's worth fighting this?

Nope. Can't fight it, unfortunately. She either pays the normal ticket price now that she's not on Momentum, or pays the joining fee for the Vitality benefit version. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Is there not somewhere you can see and track your cashback bonuses with Vitality?

I'm pretty sure not, and I'm pretty sure it's because Disco offer all these great refund options but are so swak with their admin on them that they don't actually pay back half the stuff.

I get random sms's every now and then saying I got R75 back here and R45 there, but in all honesty I never have a clue what it's for... It's probably some healthy food 99% of the time, but a prime example now is I am wondering about the payback on my running shoes I bought from Sportsmans Warehouse - I should have received R500 back (by when?) it's been well over two months. And now that I think about it, I doubt I got the refund on my previous pair last year?

Why can't I see the process in black and white, why do I have to call a bloody call center to check up everything? Why can't I track the refunds on my flight booster (shoe booster when I get my next shoes), rewards for being diamond status. 

For such a big company they really are dropping the ball a bit too much for my liking - even if this is just the fun stuff - you offer something, you really should deliver. 

Mini rant over  :devil:

But now checked and they have not linked my bloody tracker on the new car and I have lost out on R400 cash back as it says i did zero driving. But I got a vitiality driving smothie reward.  :thumbdown:

I had my life insurance vitality check and got an extra 10% discount as all my vitals were in line, my cholestrol has gone down to 1/3 of what it was last time. 

It did help that i did a 3 hour fasted ride and got tested at 8:15 in the morning :)

Now go reward yourself with a cheese burger pie!

But now checked and they have not linked my bloody tracker on the new car and I have lost out on R400 cash back as it says i did zero driving. But I got a vitiality driving smothie reward.  :thumbdown:

Maybe their admin system is designed to raise our blood pressure so they pay out less rewards  :ph34r:

Does the info show immediately from the tracker on your Disco profile or does it only happen at the end of the month ?

Its my first month on Disco insurance, and this is what it looks like.

Correct ?

post-67394-0-58511200-1497344301_thumb.jpg

Haven't been able to get to 100km incident free yet. I knew this wouldn't work well for me.

Does the info show immediately from the tracker on your Disco profile or does it only happen at the end of the month ?

Its my first month on Disco insurance, and this is what it looks like.

Correct ?

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Haven't been able to get to 100km incident free yet. I knew this wouldn't work well for me.

They work in arrears, so it will come right in the next month. I've been through the same thing in December.

Make sure you do all the other checks (the eye gym stuff) as you can only do 10 mins per day. It takes a week or so to work through all the tests. Get your car checked at TWT and do the online driver assessment tests too. You'll get up to 25% discount on no time.

Is there not somewhere you can see and track your cashback bonuses with Vitality?

I'm pretty sure not, and I'm pretty sure it's because Disco offer all these great refund options but are so swak with their admin on them that they don't actually pay back half the stuff.

I get random sms's every now and then saying I got R75 back here and R45 there, but in all honesty I never have a clue what it's for... It's probably some healthy food 99% of the time, but a prime example now is I am wondering about the payback on my running shoes I bought from Sportsmans Warehouse - I should have received R500 back (by when?) it's been well over two months. And now that I think about it, I doubt I got the refund on my previous pair last year?

Why can't I see the process in black and white, why do I have to call a bloody call center to check up everything? Why can't I track the refunds on my flight booster (shoe booster when I get my next shoes), rewards for being diamond status.

For such a big company they really are dropping the ball a bit too much for my liking - even if this is just the fun stuff - you offer something, you really should deliver.

Mini rant over :devil:

I see the total value of cash backs paid per month in my DiscoCard profile, but I have to do my own tracking of all cash back items. Frustrating, yes - but certainly not stressful.

I treat it like all my finances - monthly checklist of payments to be made (I prefer not having debit orders, if possible as it's difficult to get them stopped should it ever get to it).

Even if they do implement a system to track all cash backs, their track history will result in me continuing with my own tracking system.

That said, I most likely will have to send a DM later this month, to query the Team Vitality cash back that should be paid out for Emperors (an April event - where the event took place 2 days after the billing cycle closed).