Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

64GB storage models only... definitely not an option for me.

Not an option for me either.... not an apple fan! Happy to stay Samsung!

I’m cautious about it and reluctant at this stage to even consider it - plus the fact that my current credit limit is below the minimum and I’m not keen to up it for the sake of a phone.

Oh, my excluding you from the caution list is because it seems like you're the only Disco customer to hit all the goals all the time. Me, I'm definitely not one of those customers.

There are a few of us who do  :whistling:

Yeah, the fitness targets are easy enough. The problem (if you want the 100% discount) is the drive goal (I only hit about 50% of those) and the money goal (about 33%)

The money goal is bit dof for me, the say they want to encourage "responsible spending" but you have to blow a certain amount of money each week to make to goal. Seems to be a bit of an oxymoron

Yeah, the fitness targets are easy enough. The problem (if you want the 100% discount) is the drive goal (I only hit about 50% of those) and the money goal (about 33%)

The money goal is bit dof for me, the say they want to encourage "responsible spending" but you have to blow a certain amount of money each week to make to goal. Seems to be a bit of an oxymoron

Agree with the money spend, it doesn't make sense when on one hand they want to make you save, yet you have to spend to get the points.  Am about 75% on the driving and similar on the money goal.

Edited by shaper

Agree with the money spend, it doesn't make sense when on one hand they want to make you save, yet you have to spend to get the points.  Am about 75% on the driving and similar on the money goal.

Which is why I do this

That is how I understood it, but I didn't really study the information. It doesn't work in multiples as far as I have it. Thus, I only swipe when it's barely over R50.

Edit:

pWEFppJ.png

Oh, my excluding you from the caution list is because it seems like you're the only Disco customer to hit all the goals all the time. Me, I'm definitely not one of those customers.

I hit the Active and Drive goals every week, so that's 8/12 - my driving has adapted to their system, but doesn't mean I drive slowly, I just don't exceed the speed limit.

I've only been on Money for 4 weeks, and I've only hit the goal twice - last 2 weeks, courtesy of carry-over points from the third week. I missed the second week by 0.5. To meet 3 money goals a month to get 11/12 and 100% off the phone is possible, but I haven't had enough time to work out (read: game it) the money goals yet.

I'll need to go through my statements and see my spending habits to see how that converts to points, but for now I just don't see the benefit of a phone that will cost me money, while trying to spend money to not pay that money. As Shaper has said, they want you to save money, but to get rewards you have to spend.

Anyone else having issues with Garmin workouts not syncing with Vitality? My last workout that synced was on 6 October. Two workouts since are not showing, but funnily enough I get points for taking 10000 steps, which comes from my Garmin. Both workouts were long enough and at high enough heart rate that I should have earned 300 points each time.

Ja my ride from yesterday morning is still not showing on Discovery. Should be 300 points (+1hr at 70%). Going to see after a ride today if it syncs

Ja my ride from yesterday morning is still not showing on Discovery. Should be 300 points (+1hr at 70%). Going to see after a ride today if it syncs

Mine is still not synced. There is an acknowledgment on the website from the 10th that they are working in an issue with Garmin.

Hi guys, i just activated active rewards. Have never thought of it in the past as i dont like to jump thru loops to get this and that, a bit old school. So i have a few noob questions.

I see they charge you a once off activation fee of almost R1 000, which goes of your discovery credit card, which ihave had for years.If you reach your weekly goals do they refund you that as well or not.

They list for example a series 3 watch at R7 400, but i can get the same or very similar from amazon for 200usd. So do they add the R999 activation ontop of the R7 400 for the series 3. On takealot and istore the series 3 is R3 999 or similar/. So maybe the price has come down.

I already have a decent watch, so would give this to my son for Christmas, i work out, get the goals, he uses the watch lol.

Is my thinking on track here or what am i missing?

I was also thinking of upgrading to discovery bank, i already spend over 5k per month on the card, so it seems if you opt for a gold card, thats R75 per month on bank fees, so much less than standard bank where i am currently. It seems not bad these watch and phone deals...

If i mtb 3 x per week where i usually get 300 points, thats 900 points for the week, if i can do that lets say 2 x weeks out of the month then surely i am scoring compared to not using this whole active rewards?

Nice little surprise today, all my backdated transactions have been processed and my Discovery Miles updated accordingly. Also earning Discovery Miles on CC swipes for the last few weeks now

Hi guys, i just activated active rewards. Have never thought of it in the past as i dont like to jump thru loops to get this and that, a bit old school. So i have a few noob questions.

I see they charge you a once off activation fee of almost R1 000, which goes of your discovery credit card, which ihave had for years.If you reach your weekly goals do they refund you that as well or not.

They list for example a series 3 watch at R7 400, but i can get the same or very similar from amazon for 200usd. So do they add the R999 activation ontop of the R7 400 for the series 3. On takealot and istore the series 3 is R3 999 or similar/. So maybe the price has come down.

I already have a decent watch, so would give this to my son for Christmas, i work out, get the goals, he uses the watch lol.

Is my thinking on track here or what am i missing?

I was also thinking of upgrading to discovery bank, i already spend over 5k per month on the card, so it seems if you opt for a gold card, thats R75 per month on bank fees, so much less than standard bank where i am currently. It seems not bad these watch and phone deals...

If i mtb 3 x per week where i usually get 300 points, thats 900 points for the week, if i can do that lets say 2 x weeks out of the month then surely i am scoring compared to not using this whole active rewards?

You get basically nothing out of the 2 weeks a month, the rewards are built around a whole month, you loose like 75% of the value of the reward, not 50%.

You basically get 10% for 1 week, 25% for 2 week, 50 for 3 and 100 for 4.

You get basically nothing out of the 2 weeks a month, the rewards are built around a whole month, you loose like 75% of the value of the reward, not 50%.

You basically get 10% for 1 week, 25% for 2 week, 50 for 3 and 100 for 4.

Hi Reme, shot allot for your reply. So if i understand correctly, discovery charges a once off R999 fee on your credit card. The price or value of the so called watch is higher than what it sells for lets say on take allot. If you dont work out hard every week you dont get much refund. As you mentioned, you have to keep going the whole month, especially week 3 and 4. I guess its better to buy it out right and work out a normal.  

Hi Reme, shot allot for your reply. So if i understand correctly, discovery charges a once off R999 fee on your credit card. The price or value of the so called watch is higher than what it sells for lets say on take allot. If you dont work out hard every week you dont get much refund. As you mentioned, you have to keep going the whole month, especially week 3 and 4. I guess its better to buy it out right and work out a normal.

Yeah, these rewards actually works best for those who are already active and in a fitness routine, getting something like that for me would be easy, I run twice a week, cycle 3 to 4 times and swim once or twice so more often than not I have my 900 by Monday.

Quite frankly I have no real rewards to work for, all I get back is my gym cash and well if I didn't get the R200 back I would not give a ****.

I got the device booster as it was literally going to give me "free" money for something I intended purchasing in anyway, the booster had no effect on that decision, I only activated it on my way to the store having realised in transit that my Garmin would be a boost able device and at that time sportsman's warehouse had the watch on special beating even takealot. The booster was icing and at R90 a month pretty worthless icing.