Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Damnit i didnt go to the hospitality area after the Argus because it was so ffing far away from  all my friends in the beer tent - it was off the premises! The shirt came within a week after me joining. Can anyone please tell me how we claim the money back, do they just put it into your account same as Healthy Foods rewards and all you have to do is log it as an outdoor sporting event? 

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit i didnt go to the hospitality area after the Argus because it was so ffing far away from  all my friends in the beer tent - it was off the premises! The shirt came within a week after me joining. Can anyone please tell me how we claim the money back, do they just put it into your account same as Healthy Foods rewards and all you have to do is log it as an outdoor sporting event? 

Quite a pity that you've missed the hospitality area; The goodie bag from them are quite a pleasant surprise to all of the members (who had collected it :blush: );

The "money-back" will be paid back into the bank-account. but only the race-event that they've specified will be able to claim the cash-back.

Looks like Team vitality piggybacking on the club100 club rides.  That is actually very cool - race discounts aside it now becomes a good value proposition, so I am in.

Club100 is now Team Vitality.

Awesome

Just a pity Club100 is not in my area..  

Pity. Works out great for me as most of their rides start within a 10minute ride from my home

Edited by dracs

What does this mean exactly? Do you get extra benefits? I'm confused.

You still need to enter Club 100 though. Team Vitality membership does not guarantee membership to Club 100. Yearly fee of R600. You also get a Club 100 jersey with your entry.

...They also handed out a (better than Cycle Tour) goody bag with a bunch of high value items, including digital skipping rope...

Sorry, but I couldn't help chuckling about this. What exactly does a "digital skipping rope" do?  :D

I thought it would be a logical abbreviation for "skipping rope with a digital counter in the handle". Forgive me, I'm a Dutchman :)

I thought it would be a logical abbreviation for "skipping rope with a digital counter in the handle". Forgive me, I'm a Dutchman :)

Twee van ons. Ek dog dis 'n springtou sonder die tou. Jy weet, Wi styl tipe ding :P

Aaaaaannnnyway....

You still need to enter Club 100 though. Team Vitality membership does not guarantee membership to Club 100. Yearly fee of R600. You also get a Club 100 jersey with your entry.

Wait, you have to join TV and then join C100 too? Pay twice?? Huh???

Not so. If you join TV you are a full member with all the benefits, no need to join Club 100.

Sorry this is incorrect.

Any Discovery Vitality member who joins Team Vitality becomes a member of Club 100.

Any current member of Club 100 who joined before the merger, becomes a Team Vitality member BUT they will not receive the full onboarding benefits till Club 100 and Team Vitality has sorted out the transfer admin wrt to these members. This should happen by end of March/mid April according to Discovery.

Anyone who is a Discovery Vitality member and is wanting to join Club 100 should be advised to do so via the Discovery Vitality portal and not via Club 100to reduce the dmin burden on Club 100. You can of course go via Club 100 but its just easier for you to go via Discovery. Either way you pay R600 once off. Via Discovery you receive your benefits within a few days, via Club 100 you will receive it once Club 100 has handed over it complete membership databasr on 1April. Cut off to join via Club 100 is 31 March 2015. Thereafter only Discovery Vitality members are eligible to join.

If you are neither a Discovery Vitalty member and not a CLub 100 member you can join Club 100 the traditional way but you will need to do so before the END OF MARCH 2015.