Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not with Tapiriik involved... 

ja got my strava to sync to garmin, but the stupid discovery app does not want to link to my garmin account now.

Why dont these people rather sort out their current app that does not work before trying to screw everyone out of their weekly points.

I see discovery are dropping data from strava! Along with most other apps..

ja basically if you dont have a polar or garmin you have to jump through hoops to get your data into discovery.

Maybe it is a good excuse to buy a garmin.

They forcing us to buy another device.. My wahoo HR strap and cadence sensor will not work with a garmin.

I really felt demotivated with the low weekly targets. 600 points per week target when a single 2-hour bike ride gave me 3000 points meant I just did not want to train. So I am really looking forward to the 10'000 point weekly targets I expect to be implemented around June. 

The have also removed swimming from the list making devices that log your swimming like the Garmin Swim useless which is going to cost me at least 600 points a week for my two 1 hour workouts.

Dont be surprised if you see people on your club ride klapping the speed for 30min, saving the activety and then going about the ride as per normal

Why doesn't Discovery check to see if there is GPS activity during the exercise when receiving data from Strava, at least then they will be able to confirm that the person did the activity instead of just pretending by manually creating a ride.

I agree with the points change as many do on this thread, I just think that they should have gone back to a similar points system to the one they had last year.

For someone like me, I struggle getting my heart rate to 80 % let alone trying to maintain it there for extended periods of time, so I will always only get a maximum of 300 per ride...

Also should Discovery only work for certain devices then Discovery should sell those devices at a discounted rate dependent on your status (silver, gold, diamond etc). this would then be similar to what Momentum is offering.

Edited by TheBritishTwit

Why doesn't Discovery check to see if there is GPS activity during the exercise when receiving data from Strava, at least then they will be able to confirm that the person did the activity instead of just pretending by manually creating a ride.

I agree with the points change as many do on this thread, I just think that they should have gone back to a similar points system to the one they had last year.

For someone like me, I struggle getting my heart rate to 80 % let alone trying to maintain it there for extended periods of time, so I will always only get a maximum of 300 per ride...

Also should Discovery only work for certain devices then Discovery should sell those devices at a discounted rate dependent on your status (silver, gold, diamond etc). this would then be similar to what Momentum is offering.

It seems that the guys working at disco dont care.

I don't know if this has been brought up.

I use a garmin edge 500 and strava when riding. I could never get my heart rate to link on strava. Last night when I started strava up boom it showed my heart rate, not accurate but its there all of a sudden. 

Not a complaint just an observation. Anyone know how it would have happened, more curious...

One word......

LEGEND

I don't know if this has been brought up.

I use a garmin edge 500 and strava when riding. I could never get my heart rate to link on strava. Last night when I started strava up boom it showed my heart rate, not accurate but its there all of a sudden. 

Not a complaint just an observation. Anyone know how it would have happened, more curious...

Why do you use both?  You do not need your phone running strava.  Just record everything on your edge 500 then sync with strava.  HR will then be on strava