Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

On a bit of a different note, has anyone booked flights and got cash back yet? On the disco sight the flights reward still says "coming soon" so I'm not really sure if it's an option.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also tried the Workouts app on my watch for the first time (instead of Strava) - how do I view my avg HR, or an HR graph after the workout? Can't find it anywhere...

Why not just use the tapiriik thing?

Because without HR data, a ride (from 2-Apr) doesn't get points.

The wife figured out (on her own) that the strap might not have been tight enough. 

guess I have another tandem ride to install for sometime this week.

OK so i have been using strava tapiriik GC disco for 2 weeks now. It works fine. Removed the direct link from strava to disco and i have reached my goals every week.

The only issue i have is i have delink and relink my GC and disco every time i have a new workout. Its asif it pulls through my rides once and then not again. as soon as i delink and relink it pulls it through again.

Bit of a schlep but it works...

OK so i have been using strava tapiriik GC disco for 2 weeks now. It works fine. Removed the direct link from strava to disco and i have reached my goals every week.

The only issue i have is i have delink and relink my GC and disco every time i have a new workout. Its asif it pulls through my rides once and then not again. as soon as i delink and relink it pulls it through again.

Bit of a schlep but it works...

having the same problem with GC.

having the same problem with GC.

i think its a disco issue....but unlinking and relinking is not that big an issue at the moment for me.

Thanks Gerald for the find. Interesting that there only seems points for a spinning class and not for a cycle?

Assume you will get same points for a cycle or spin class for over 90mins?

Thanks Gerald for the find. Interesting that there only seems points for a spinning class and not for a cycle?

I got it from an email they sent today.

As far the cycle/spin/run, I think it's all the same (as below)

post-1372-0-42300600-1458668461_thumb.png

I used Strava on my phone to record my sessions.

With the new rules I cancelled my subscription will rather use the monthly premium to buy myself a Garmin gps.

The above shows examples of how to reach weekly targets. It is not an exhaustive list of activities that will gain you Vitality points

Edited by 'Kaze Pete

I got it from an email they sent today.

As far the cycle/spin/run, I think it's all the same (as below)

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-03-22 at 7.39.56 PM.png

It is. This is just a representation of how you can get there. Essentially, it comes down to 3 categories of "event"

Exercise with HR Recording

Timed, recognised event

Exercise / gym visit without HR recording

Apply those, and get the allocated points according to either your average HR, or the event, or 100 points. 

I used Strava on my phone to record my sessions.

With the new rules I cancelled my subscription will rather use the monthly premium to buy myself a Garmin gps.

Which "subscription" are you referring to? Vitality itself? If so, that's a bit shortsighted tbh. 

If you're referring to Strava Premium, then it's not that much ito contributions.

Vitality itself though has FAR more benefit attached to it, if you just utilise it, as described earlier (and pretty exhaustively at that)

I have given up. Not getting any points for my garmin activities for the past month. It used to reflect within +- 5 mins. All discovery keeps on asking is screenshots of workouts that currently give me no points. Such a hassle and i still have received no points. Not sure how something that worked so well at the start of the year got broken this badly?