Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a look at my fitness level...level 1 (poor)

log an avg of between 1300 and 2500 point per week...

doing 3 intense interval cadence training sessions per week...

a couple 5 km walks a week at an avg speed of around 7 km/h

between 60 and 80 km cycle on sat morning...

between 60 and 80 km cycle on a sunday or a mtb 45 km race...last race finished in 2.33 (for me that is fast compared to the 3.45 i normally do them)

eeeeish so how to do improve your fitness level...my body is telling me i am over doing it a bit...last cadence session it felt like someone was hitting my legs with a hammer...maybe change my routine and add in 4 gym sessions and a week...i certainly cant cycle any more than i am at present.

Edited by isetech

I had a look at my level...level 1 (poor)

between 60 and 80 km cycle on  sat morning...

between 60 and 80 km cycle on a sunday or a mtb 45 km race...last race finished in 2.33 (for me that is fast compared to the 3.45 i normally do them)

eeeeish so ho to do improve your fitness level...my body is telling me i am over doing it a bit...last cadence session it felt like someone was hitting my legs with a hammer...maybe change my routine and add in 4 gym sessions and a week...i certainly cant cycle any more than i am at present. 

If I'm not mistaken, That level is calculated based on the online fitness assessment you do. I don't think it considers number of activity points you accumulating. Retake the assessment

1e821e4633d38a94455314960744f832.jpg

Imagine entering an IronMan to get Vitality points....and then only getting 300. Lol.

Surely by the time you do your IronMan you have no points left of your 30,000 any way?

and welcome to discovery where your opinions dont matter and the points dont count. (do you remember "whos line is it anyway" HAHAHA)

I just feel the person in charge of the chart was rushing on a friday and could not be bothered to complete the table for 70-79%. 

They should have a column for strava KOM's per week :P

If I'm not mistaken, That level is calculated based on the online fitness assessment you do. I don't think it considers number of activity points you accumulating. Retake the assessment

It also tells me 60 years old [emoji15]...i must be answering the questions incorrectly.

It also tells me 60 years old [emoji15]...i must be answering the questions incorrectly.

vitality health checks, fitness test and online assessment all contribute towards your fitness level and vitality age.

vitality health checks, fitness test and online assessment all contribute towards your fitness level and vitality age.

I updated it an hour ago...tells me my fitness level is poor at level 1...seems I am doing something wrong...how important is the assessment ? 

Edited by isetech

I updated it an hour ago...tells me my fitness level is poor at level 1...seems I am doing something wrong...how important is the assessment ?

pretty important. The stretch tests and pushup test is critical for that score. As is the hr reading after the step test

You have to go to a Biokineticist to have the fitness assessment done and then Click/Dischem to get the screening tests done, all of this contributes towards your fitness level.

If you trying to get it to 5 by just adding the hours of exercise you do then I don't think it's gonna happen.

1200 for the week - target is currently 400

Some more smoothies on the way next week.

Pretty sure next weeks target will be 500.

Before they increased by 50 now it's by 100.

Seems Vitality are eager to have me back at 1200 ASAP.

1200 for the week - target is currently 400

Some more smoothies on the way next week.

Pretty sure next weeks target will be 500.

Before they increased by 50 now it's by 100.

Seems Vitality are eager to have me back at 1200 ASAP.

And I remember how you said your HR struggles to get high enough to meet the new targets [emoji39]

And I remember how you said your HR struggles to get high enough to meet the new targets [emoji39]

It does but yesterday it was a bit wonkey (the device) and it was reading very high, eventually it came right but that helped get some extra points.

Last week I got a lot less points.

Vitality never picked up my weekend rides so I got 0 instead of 200 (before was 6000 points for the weekend rides).

Let me know if you need some points to pay off the Apple watch  :whistling:  :whistling:

Imagine entering an IronMan to get Vitality points....and then only getting 300. Lol.

Surely by the time you do your IronMan you have no points left of your 30,000 any way?

The principle sir

I had a look at my fitness level...level 1 (poor)

between 60 and 80 km cycle on sat morning...

eeeeish so how to do improve your fitness level...my body is telling me i am over doing it a bit...last cadence session it felt like someone was hitting my legs with a hammer...maybe change my routine and add in 4 gym sessions and a week...i certainly cant cycle any more than i am at present.

Listen to your body, not an online fitness assessment.

Careful, you don't overtrain.

I admire your commitment and tenacity, but the more we age the more recovery time we need. Your regime seems hectic. No rest days?

Listen to your body, not an online fitness assessment.

Careful, you don't overtrain.

I admire your commitment and tenacity, but the more we age the more recovery time we need. Your regime seems hectic. No rest days?

Mondays are rest days...

matt from cadence westville is organizing an all in one check...fitness...blood etc etc...

my body is telling me i am too fat and old for this cycling thing...research indicates that i am on the down hill slide 50+...but my brain is telling me...more effort...more reward...suck it and work harder.