Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I cannot comment, but wouldn't be surprised at this.  Discovery have changed their focus with this points system and are not interested or actually care about the athletes who train... seem more interested in the couch potatoes in trying to get them to do a park run and then swipe at the gym when they collect their smoothie... perhaps seeing others at the gym working out might motivate them.

But is definitely not aimed at the athletes already training!!

I think you're spot on there.  I your biggest expenses are unhealthy people, then the biggest savings would be by getting the unhealthy people healthier. So it's the couch potatoes that are their target, not those people who are riding their bikes - they're not the typical risk profile, I guess, Why reward them?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what people are saying it makes no difference if you submit exactly what's required or way more, the target still increases by 100 points per week.

Vitality just dropped it to 300 points to save some face.

Soon we'll all be on 1200 again.

My first week i hit 3000 points and the target jumped by 100 points.

Second week i only hit 400 points and the target remained as is.

So this week Ill probably hit 1500 atleast so curious to see if it jumps again by 100.

mine was at 300 for 2 weeks and now it's up to 400 - i was just plodding along racking up the gym visit points - the good news is my friend found her Polar FT7 that can synch the data with the HR strap - so I might be able to get points for rides again without buying gadgets  :thumbup:

I did the 36one MTB race this last weekend . 362km of mountain biking in 21hrs and archived a whole 300points .

Well done.... tho Disco don't feel the same

From what people are saying it makes no difference if you submit exactly what's required or way more, the target still increases by 100 points per week.

Vitality just dropped it to 300 points to save some face.

Soon we'll all be on 1200 again.

Not so.

In our group the leg lifters who have been logging lots of rides with big time have all gone up 100 points a week.

The others who have given just the minimum data of 1 ride for 300 points have stayed at 300.

Wife's targets were 300, 300 and 400 so far this month.

She achieved 400 in week 1 and it stayed on 300 for week 2.

She achieved 300 in week 2 and it moved to 400 for this week.

I've told her to only get 400 for the week to see if it remains the same or goes up.

Me...

I can't be bothered to try two separate GC accounts, but given their lack of concern for (1) recovery periods, and (2) lack of points for workouts longer than 90 mins in their moderate zone, I feel that a second account may be in order. So I delink GC for the rest of the week and swipe twice at the gym to hit my 500 target.

Then see how it changes for next week before I decide on my way forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got 300 points. Quick 30 minute session on the watt bike. Avg 250w for 20 min then a quick tabata session. Fark me, that was difficult. Hit Avg 1000w for the first 20s interval, but then dropped to 800w for the 2nd set, 600w for 3rd and then averaged about 450w - 500w for the remaining sets.

Jelly.

For those unfamiliar with tabata sessions.

10min warmup (I extended this to 20 min) followed by 8 sets of 20s max effort (real max) and 10s rest.

End of exercise.

Then I had a 5 min spin-down followed by a 1 min sprint at 400w. Damn. The rest of the workout was me walking back to the car.

Next time I'll be doing it with the rower but "warming up" for 25 min so I can finish the tabata session as I hit 30 min.

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Just got 300 points. Quick 30 minute session on the watt bike. Avg 250w for 20 min then a quick tabata session. Fark me, that was difficult. Hit Avg 1000w for the first 20s interval, but then dropped to 800w for the 2nd set, 600w for 3rd and then averaged about 450w - 500w for the remaining sets.

Jelly.

For those unfamiliar with tabata sessions.

10min warmup (I extended this to 20 min) followed by 8 sets of 20s max effort (real max) and 10s rest.

End of exercise.

Then I had a 5 min spin-down followed by a 1 min sprint at 400w. Damn. The rest of the workout was me walking back to the car.

Next time I'll be doing it with the rower but "warming up" for 25 min so I can finish the tabata session as I hit 30 min.

Dammit, now I can't make comments about your lazy ass. :)

1000W for 20s is beastly! And here I thought the Padded Maniacs trained exclusively beer, buns and boerewors?

LOL. We do. But less beer now. Reminds me - I need more whisky. 

ATM time is at a premium. This Tabata thing kicks that in the nuts. And my legs are now jelly...

Oh - and the lardiness is hampering my ability to do what I love most about MTB - the way down. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

LOL. We do. But less beer now. Reminds me - I need more whisky.

ATM time is at a premium. This Tabata thing kicks that in the nuts. And my legs are now jelly...

Oh - and the lardiness is hampering my ability to do what I love most about MTB - the way down.

What is your base training like?

Or, rather... what is your base (history) like?

What is your base training like?

Or, rather... what is your base (history) like?

Negligible. My one and only time for long rides are sundays. Generally hit 3 to 4 hours if I can. And that's at a solid 85-90% of HRR. 

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aVP4bbK_700b.jpg