Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

It started working like you said, but only half right. Saturday's and Sunday's activities are still indicating "pending" but the activities during the week showed fine. I did send a query but nothing so far. Anyone else still getting noyesno results?

My points fro Tuesday last week had still not pulled through to the rewards, but a 2 minute phone call to Discovery this morning got that sorted out. Excellent service from them.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else not receive their points for this weekends activities?

Got my 1200 points from East Rand Classic double, no problems. Was the Garmin heart rate points though, will still see if the event points are allocated. 

Got my 1200 points from East Rand Classic double, no problems. Was the Garmin heart rate points though, will still see if the event points are allocated. 

My points came through but my wife's points are the issue. maybe it's an Apple watch issue.

For those of you getting money back for flight booster - keep a close check - my Wife was due R1200-odd back on the 23rd of March and I was due R800-odd on the 23rd of this month - no luck.  Took a few phone calls to get my wife's money paid with no explanation why the delay, but mine is still outstanding - even though the call was logged for both amounts.  This also happened to two of our mates.

I get the feeling that they don't pay on purpose and only when you query do they pay - but only after "investigating" for 5-10 working days.....

My points came through but my wife's points are the issue. maybe it's an Apple watch issue.

Just checked the wife’s workouts and they don’t show (both Apple device).

Just checked the wife’s workouts and they don’t show (both Apple device).

Just found out that my wife's points have been allocated. Must be a delay in their crappy system.  ^_^

Anybody else not receive their points for this weekends activities?

My points, granted I am sick and not making target with just steps, are taking a week to update. Using a Garmin Fenix watch.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Had the same issue.  I was told it would take another 3-5 working days (after their promised due date) due to the inter-bank payment delays :eek:  It would seem that some of these payment obligations slipped thru the cracks and they needed a little nudge to authorise them....  

For those of you getting money back for flight booster - keep a close check - my Wife was due R1200-odd back on the 23rd of March and I was due R800-odd on the 23rd of this month - no luck.  Took a few phone calls to get my wife's money paid with no explanation why the delay, but mine is still outstanding - even though the call was logged for both amounts.  This also happened to two of our mates.

I get the feeling that they don't pay on purpose and only when you query do they pay - but only after "investigating" for 5-10 working days.....

Something I've noticed when using steps to get points. My apple watch shows 5000 steps but the iHealth app only shows 3000 steps. I have to go into the iHealth app / data sources / iPhone and delete the steps that were recorded by the iPhone (3000). Then the app defaults to the apple watch steps (5000) and I get my points. My watch and phone are not together for long periods of time during the week so this would probably not be an issue if you keep your devices in range of each other.

not a discovery question but a suunto question. I'm having problems with tracking laps in the pool. The watches misses quite a few laps so distance is always shorter than I actually swim. I check my individual lap times in movescount afterwards and can immediately identify where it's missed the laps as the lap time is double a normal lap. Am busy updating the watch software so will see what it does on Thursday but has anyone else had the same problem perhaps?

also how long does it take for the points for a health check to reflect? I did mine almost two weeks ago and it doesn't reflect yet

not a discovery question but a suunto question. I'm having problems with tracking laps in the pool. The watches misses quite a few laps so distance is always shorter than I actually swim. I check my individual lap times in movescount afterwards and can immediately identify where it's missed the laps as the lap time is double a normal lap. Am busy updating the watch software so will see what it does on Thursday but has anyone else had the same problem perhaps?

also how long does it take for the points for a health check to reflect? I did mine almost two weeks ago and it doesn't reflect yet

If you want to edit your workout for analysis and to sort out the anomalies http://swimmingwatchtools.com/upload

I use to have to do it for a while with my garmin where it would miss lengths, so was able to split and merge the errors post workout and correct distance

As for health check it should be almost immediately, likely the pharmacy or where you got it done have not sent the info through to Vitality

Team Vitality question

My wife and I joined team vitality, with the aim to use this to register for CSA licences.

I am currently trying to apply for a license on the CSA website, but can not find the Team Vitality Club under the clubs listed.

Any advice on this?

I am also not sure how the kit is delivered or obtained, I applied online and did payment, but nowhere did the application ask for sizing and explain how the kit will be obtained?

Thanks in advance.

Team Vitality question

My wife and I joined team vitality, with the aim to use this to register for CSA licences.

I am currently trying to apply for a license on the CSA website, but can not find the Team Vitality Club under the clubs listed.

Any advice on this?

I am also not sure how the kit is delivered or obtained, I applied online and did payment, but nowhere did the application ask for sizing and explain how the kit will be obtained?

Thanks in advance.

Discovery handles all of that, they provide the license, as far as I know collections are once per year.

Kit for running was provided by sportsman's once discovery sent you a voucher and it was available at selected sportmans