Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What process do you follow to get the first reward code into a gift card and then top up with additional weekly reward codes?

Has anyone tried this with Makro R250 rewards?

Just go into Cape Union Mart with your wicode voucher and they will put it on a store card voucher for you - they were so helpful when my wife went in - the staff were actually the ones that recommended doing it.

Thanks ridr, that’s exactly what I have been doing. It was the cashier that proposed it when I wife asked about change from the wicode.

If it's been migrated, then yes. 

Thank you Captain, sorry will this be done automatically or must i request for it to be migrated, i received no communique from Disco.

Thx once again. 

Some big changes on Vitality in 2020 - especially for those of us saving on our gym fees...\

From a MoneyWeb article this morning... Not especially excited about getting Discovery Miles back instead of cold hard cash discount off my gym membership  :thumbdown: 

Also, “from 1 October 2019, new gym booster activations will require Vitality members to have a qualifying Discovery Bank account”.

“Vitality members that have previously activated the gym booster benefit will continue to get up to 100% off their gym membership, with the boosted portion paid in Discovery Miles early next year.”

This is a big change, meaning members will pay the full premium for the gym contract, with the ‘rebate’ being paid back in miles.

What is a qualifying Discovery bank account? Is it any of the accounts, or just the ones that have a card / monthly fee? 

Thank you Captain, sorry will this be done automatically or must i request for it to be migrated, i received no communique from Disco.

Thx once again. 

You need to apply for a disco bank account for the card to be migrated across to Discovery Bank. Download the Discovery Bank app, apply, done. 

What is a qualifying Discovery bank account? Is it any of the accounts, or just the ones that have a card / monthly fee? 

Unsure, yet. But remember it's ONLY the gym booster (ie extra 25% discount over and above the base 75%) that this affects. NOT THE BASE 75% DISCOUNT

Hi guys do you know if a Discovery Credit Card qualifies as a Disco bank account for gym booster?

The new credit cards with discovery bank automatically have a savings account attached I think.

No, it doesn't mean that. It means that you'll get the 75% discount as normal (if you keep above 36 visits a year) but the extra 25% disount on a single gym membership will go to your Disco Miles balance instead of back in cash. 

The author is confusing the garden variety VA / PF discount (67% for Premier & 75% for single gym) with teh Gym Boster benefit, which increases the single gym membership by an additional 25% to give you a 100% discount. 

All this change means is that you need a Disco Bank accoount if you want to get access to the Gym Booster, and all future Gym Booster rebates (the extra 25%) will go to Disco Miles. 

EDIT: Just spoken to Hilton, he's aware of it. :P

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. So to be clear then, as a Virgin Collection Member I will still enjoy my 50% Cash Discount per month, provided I attain my visits for the period?

Not familiar with the 'garden variety' discounts... Wasn't with Virgin for aaaaaages...

Awesome, thanks for clarifying. So to be clear then, as a Virgin Collection Member I will still enjoy my 50% Cash Discount per month, provided I attain my visits for the period?

Not familiar with the 'garden variety' discounts... Wasn't with Virgin for aaaaaages...

"garden variety" = 50% for collection, 67% for Premier, 75% for single gym. :P

And yes. Definitely. 

Anyone currently getting benefits on the bank rewards program?

Point 8.4 is a bit of a concern:

Participation

6 There is no fee required to join or activate the bank rewards (dynamic interest rate) benefit.

7 You must be a Discovery Bank customer holding an active Vitality Savings account, with a Discovery 1 or Discovery 1+ account(s).

8 In order to be eligible for Bank Rewards the following rewards qualifying criteria will apply:

8.1 Your Discovery Bank account must be in good standing. “Good standing” means that none of your Discovery Bank accounts and credit facilities should be overdrawn, in arrears, in default, or be subject to any legal process with Discovery Bank. Legal process excludes debt review as defined in the National Credit Act.

8.2 Have a minimum average amount deposited into your Discovery Bank account per month over 12 months. For example, you need to pay your salary into the account or make a payment from another external account into your Discovery Bank account. If your account is less than 12 months old, we’ll adjust the period accordingly.

The amounts per product is as follow:

Gold Discovery 1+ accounts: RX

Platinum Discovery 1+ accounts: RX

Black Discovery 1+ accounts: RX

8.3 Have 40% of your credit balances with Discovery Bank or use at least 50% of your credit facility during the month. You need to have a minimum credit balance of R5 000.

8.4 Have a savings balance in your Discovery Demand Savings, Notice Savings, Fixed Deposit or Vitality Savings account of at least R50 000, or at least 20% of your total savings in a Discovery Bank savings account.

9 You can activate your bank rewards program on our online services and start earning rewards.

10 Discovery Bank reserves the right to amend the qualifying criteria for participating in, and/or earning bank rewards, as well as the benefit associated with rewards.

It’s in the T&Cs when signing up. It isn’t available on the website, as I hadn’t signed up until this morning.

When choosing between Gold, Platinum or Black, it had two tick boxes that you must accept their T&Cs. The links, in the description next to the tick boxes, had the text that I copied - not all, just the bit that I posted.

Check it you can pick up Vitality Money T&Cs on the website. I’ve checked and I can’t see anything as they haven’t approved my account yet.

I’ve asked them for a copy of the T&Cs, so will what their response is.

Finally received the T&Cs today, almost 2 weeks later, but not the Bank Rewards one I posted on 29/08. It's now in the hands of my broker to sort out, something that I guess I need to do more of... make it their problem, and not mine.

Does anyone know if the rules stay the same around Vitality Status for next year i.e. will the Vitality status that you end with in 2019 will be your status for 2020?

Does anyone know if the rules stay the same around Vitality Status for next year i.e. will the Vitality status that you end with in 2019 will be your status for 2020?

Yes, carried over to the following year as normal. If you're on Diamond, you'll only need to get a bit more points next year. The old rule of 3 years on gold=diamond is no longer.

Yes, your status is carried over to the next year. It can change in the following year if you move to a higher status e.g. Silver->Gold