Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

3 hours ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

… while considering cancelling Vitality

Perceived value of Vitality will be different across many different people. For me it’s worth it.

Purchased, today, an iPad (school requirement for daughter 2) and a Garmin (older daughter’s Christmas gift) with my miles, on D-Day. I saved 40% and 45% respectively… worth R4899.50 in savings, and zero cash outlay. I still have 43% of the miles that I’ve collected this year.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

I did mine early this year and it involved riding a bike. Was right up my alley.

They had the bike available but everyone was using the treadmill so went with that. 7.5km/hr. was quite quick but doable.

23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Perceived value of Vitality will be different across many different people. For me it’s worth it.

Purchased, today, an iPad (school requirement for daughter 2) and a Garmin (older daughter’s Christmas gift) with my miles, on D-Day. I saved 40% and 45% respectively… worth R4899.50 in savings, and zero cash outlay. I still have 43% of the miles that I’ve collected this year.

At the moment my rewards simply cover the costs of the Vitality itself. All the while having to meet all the requirements. Just starting to become more effort than it is worth.

The D-day discounts are good but we don't need more things at the moment so its largely wasted, unless we spend more money. Not accumulating the miles that you are I think.

25 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

They had the bike available but everyone was using the treadmill so went with that. 7.5km/hr. was quite quick but doable.

Where did you do it? I'm new to Discovery Vitality so these are just outstanding options to bump my points to reach the next level.

10 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Where did you do it? I'm new to Discovery Vitality so these are just outstanding options to bump my points to reach the next level.

Many Biokineticist practices offer the fitness test, as well as t many gyms.

Clicks and Dis-Chem off the health check.

22 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Many Biokineticist practices offer the fitness test, as well as t many gyms.

Clicks and Dis-Chem off the health check.

Yes, Thanks, I've done my fair share with Momentum Multiply over the years but not everyone follows the same protocol hence the questions.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, WR 1.0 said:

Anyone else struggling with Garmin Vitality yesterday and today? My points are not updating 

Ja, I had the same - my Friday morning ride still not converting to points last night, so I used the chat function on their website to find out what's going on. Person on the other side advised there is a delay in the system updating and will eventually pull through. Three hours later and my points are showing...

Team Vitality Cycling - I am looking for club rides in my area and this is one of my considerations. Is there anyone that can comment on this, is it worth the subscription? Anyone in Centurion that can comment on the club, rides, etc.?

3 minutes ago, Fork-it said:

Team Vitality Cycling - I am looking for club rides in my area and this is one of my considerations. Is there anyone that can comment on this, is it worth the subscription? Anyone in Centurion that can comment on the club, rides, etc.?

If you do the races listed on their calendar, then you can get more than the annual subscription back in the cash back payments.

Next year they will have 5 zones in Gauteng, with a weekly Saturday ride. Centurion is one zone, Meyersdal the zone where I’m involved. Centurion is already active, from the Virgin Active.

4 minutes ago, Frosty said:

If you do the races listed on their calendar, then you can get more than the annual subscription back in the cash back payments.

Next year they will have 5 zones in Gauteng, with a weekly Saturday ride. Centurion is one zone, Meyersdal the zone where I’m involved. Centurion is already active, from the Virgin Active.

Thank you Frosty, it seems quite organized and well managed. Do you know if the Saturday rides are also quite organized? From the Strava group it appears to be the case. 

1 minute ago, Fork-it said:

Thank you Frosty, it seems quite organized and well managed. Do you know if the Saturday rides are also quite organized? From the Strava group it appears to be the case. 

I don’t stay or ride in your area, but the Facebook photos would seem it’s a small group riding together.

TV have a big drive for 2023 to get club rides going, so their members can benefit. The problem I see, is that members belong to other clubs, and benefit from being in both.

As I get more info, I can share it. The launch for the running zones are happening this week, and cycling is only in January.

• 1 month later...

I am sure this has been answered in this thread but can someone in the know please confirm that my understanding of the sports device benefit is accurate.

The app tells me I have a 50 percent upfront discount. Does this mean that if I buy a Garmin watch at sportsman's having activated the benefit on the app that I will get 50 percent of the ticket price backmon discovery Miles at the time I purchase? I recall last time I used this benefit I got a drip feed of discovery Miles based on my weekly completion of exercise targets.

Thanks in advance for input

34 minutes ago, Mamil said:

I am sure this has been answered in this thread but can someone in the know please confirm that my understanding of the sports device benefit is accurate.

The app tells me I have a 50 percent upfront discount. Does this mean that if I buy a Garmin watch at sportsman's having activated the benefit on the app that I will get 50 percent of the ticket price backmon discovery Miles at the time I purchase? I recall last time I used this benefit I got a drip feed of discovery Miles based on my weekly completion of exercise targets.

Thanks in advance for input

Discovery Scamality changes the rules every year so who knows what 2023 will bring - But as i understand it on my app you get 50% off the first 4000 ronds of the retail price so if the device cost 4000 ronds you will get 2000 ronds off and pay 2000 ronds - if it cost 6000 ronds you still only 2000 ronds off and you will pay 4000 ronds. And the max spend I think is 6000 ronds in a rolling 12 month period.

Edited by madmarc

2 hours ago, madmarc said:

Discovery Scamality changes the rules every year so who knows what 2023 will bring - But as i understand it on my app you get 50% off the first 4000 ronds of the retail price so if the device cost 4000 ronds you will get 2000 ronds off and pay 2000 ronds - if it cost 6000 ronds you still only 2000 ronds off and you will pay 4000 ronds. And the max spend I think is 6000 ronds in a rolling 12 month period.

Ah yes... Amazing how they neglect to mention that cap of 4k. That caught me out last time.