Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Okay so I have been through the last couple of pages of the thread anf here is my question, I can see that Discovery have drastically altered the vitality rewards for activities, where a 3 hour club ride at steady pace used to earn me about 1500 vitality points I now only get 600 and the points are now based on distance rather than HR. Is there anywhere that I can find a layout of old rewards structure vs new structure, and secondly all things considered, is the watch deal worth it as I am seriously considering this option.

The watch deal is good. It could be free, or it could just cost you a few hundred bucks.

As long as you not taking it to be your main training tool then you will be fine.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

see answers below. and probably another indoor session tonight, and maybe a 35km/700m ride tomorrow morning. My week is then done as I'm traveling from Thursday and only back home on Saturday evening. Also not showing is a gym session from yesterday.

I did 6 rides last week all gravel:

Time: 11h04min

Distance: 231,3 km

Elevation: 3319 m

2200 points

Going forward I will be de-linking my device as soon as I reach my points goal and re-link it again when a new week starts.

The man and his wisdom.....the man behind this sneaky deal which they baited the public with......

http://www.biznews.com/briefs/2015/09/10/discovery-doubles-medical-scheme-members-profits-up-14/

“Apple Watch, through its engaging, personal interface and powerful health capabilities, is a fantastic tool to motivate and reward Vitality members to get active,” said Discovery Chief Executive Adrian Gore. “We are very excited to make Apple Watch available to Vitality customers who will not only pay less for their health or life insurance but are able to earn their Apple Watch simply by being active.”

Powerful words by a very sly and clever businessman......

Okay so I have been through the last couple of pages of the thread anf here is my question, I can see that Discovery have drastically altered the vitality rewards for activities, where a 3 hour club ride at steady pace used to earn me about 1500 vitality points I now only get 600 and the points are now based on distance rather than HR. Is there anywhere that I can find a layout of old rewards structure vs new structure, and secondly all things considered, is the watch deal worth it as I am seriously considering this option.

I plan on accumulation points through exercise while wearing a polar chest HR strap, would 3rd party aapps allow me to do this and still earn said vitality points

I did 6 rides last week all gravel:

Time: 11h04min

Distance: 231,3 km

Elevation: 3319 m

2200 points

Going forward I will be de-linking my device as soon as I reach my points goal and re-link it again when a new week starts.

If you are getting to 2200points, then a 1200 target is nothing to stress about. Why go through the hassle on de-linking all the time. Are you really that afraid of Discovery ...

I plan on accumulation points through exercise while wearing a polar chest HR strap, would 3rd party aapps allow me to do this and still earn said vitality points

AFAIK the watch will pick up a bluetooth HR signal from a strap. So yes. If you use the apple workouts app itself.

Almost as insignificant as the 10 happy people on the Hub......whoopee do......

And your imbecilic point is?

If you are getting to 2200points, then a 1200 target is nothing to stress about. Why go through the hassle on de-linking all the time. Are you really that afraid of Discovery ...

I don't trust Discovery at all, as they can change the rules as they please, the only control I have is to ensure I achieve my weekly points goal so that I don't have to pay back the money for the watch and milk them every week for my two smoothies, which is going to be 4 a week very soon.

I don't trust Discovery at all, as they can change the rules as they please, the only control I have is to ensure I achieve my weekly points goal so that I don't have to pay back the money for the watch and milk them every week for my two smoothies, which is going to be 4 a week very soon.

If you get 4 per week, please share how you get it right...

AFAIK the watch will pick up a bluetooth HR signal from a strap. So yes. If you use the apple workouts app itself.

Thanks.

Would be nice to sit with a couple of people who actually do VR all out and see how much money is spent vs rewards money saved i.e. not doing anything you would anyway but applying VR to things you would anyway such as vehicle insurance, fuel rewards etc.

So why are you insured with them ? I mean your life is pretty much in their hands

So why are you insured with them ? I mean your life is pretty much in their hands

And when you croak you're hardly in a position to argue about the death benefit paid to your estate/beneficiaries. It's quite important to have a life insurance company that you trust to look after your family. But as you'll be dead you'll actually never know if they do or don't.

Worth more than a free watch/a few smoothies?

In what regard.....medical aid....life insurance......?

In what regard.....medical aid....life insurance......?

Medical aid... life insurance... short term insurance... Does it really matter ? If you don't trust them then find another insurer... But then the other doesn't give you free smoothies and a free apple watch so you will just put up with Disco's sh!t.

Medical aid... life insurance... short term insurance... Does it really matter ? If you don't trust them then find another insurer... But then the other doesn't give you free smoothies and a free apple watch so you will just put up with Disco's ****.

You think people are with Discovery for the smoothies, which is only free if I achieve the points goal btw...jy sit die pot heeltemal mis ou swaer...