Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Adding to the list of excruciatingly small first world problems : someone at Disco in their whizzdumb decided that Kauai could only use the Smart card reader and stopped the use of the pin number, so noone could get their smoothies at our Kauai this AM.

Is it :

A) a computer glitch

B) Adrian Gore's diabolical plan to reduce Smoothie costs.

I ask you...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding to the list of excruciatingly small first world problems : someone at Disco in their whizzdumb decided that Kauai could only use the Smart card reader and stopped the use of the pin number, so noone could get their smoothies at our Kauai this AM.

Is it :

A) a computer glitch

I ask you...

Must be a plan to reduce the smoothie costs. Can you imagine the massive impact it will have on the profit of R5bn reported for the last financial year?

Is it :

A) a computer glitch

I ask you...

Or South Africans' struggle to pronounce the word...

Melrose Arch, Jhb Vida also went POOF recently!

There was one downstairs here a while ago. I have about quite a bit of points on my loyalty card still...

Is it :

A) a computer glitch

I ask you...

Don't agree with that, I also get smoothies through Discovery Insure (good driving) and that comes as an SMS and a digicard with only the wiCode.  Have no problems at my Kauai at the gym, quoting the number and they manually input it.  Did so yesterday evening.

So think is option C) Lazy Kauai staff

Don't agree with that, I also get smoothies through Discovery Insure (good driving) and that comes as an SMS and a digicard with only the wiCode. Have no problems at my Kauai at the gym, quoting the number and they manually input it. Did so yesterday evening.

So think is option C) Lazy Kauai staff

Quite possibly!

The coffee is awful. I was amazed how bad it is. Used to be fair

Honestly, I do not know who would pay R25 for a VIDA coffee. It's not even worth a free voucher. Maybe if you drink enough you get used to it....like Ricoffy. Yes, I'm comparing VIDA to Ricoffy.

I have never had any bad service though - staff is always overly friendly.

On Discovery: I actually haven't had any problems in the past few weeks. Even their "discontinued" Suunto connection still works at the moment.

No device of any kind ever has made anyone more motivated to exercise, besides for the few days after purchase to 'justify' the price of these things .... surely the motivation is rather the reward than the device?

That's one thing they have hit on the head with this... and my watch "purchase"

A lot of my training I really, really enjoy, but there is always that one run during the week, when I've had a *** long day and my daughter didn't sleep the night before, that I really just (at the time) don't feel like going out.

But now I do it, it's that little extra nudge you need, and as per always, you feel so much better for doing it too!

Endorphins are awesome  :thumbup:

Is it :

A) a computer glitch

I ask you...

talking about pin numbers...this morning i go to the local spar to get a few things...the lady tells me to swipe my card...which i do...and wait to put the pin number...next thing i see the receipt printing...so i ask what about the pin...i am told for my standard bank personal gold card... a pin is no longer required..."you" have to just swipe the card and the transaction is processed...no pin required...the teller is not allowed to take the card from you anymore....eeeesish best i take better care of my cards.

talking about pin numbers...this morning i go to the local spar to get a few things...the lady tells me to swipe my card...which i do...and wait to put the pin number...next thing i see the receipt printing...so i ask what about the pin...i am told for my standard bank personal gold card... a pin is no longer required..."you" have to just swipe the card and the transaction is processed...no pin required...the teller is not allowed to take the card from you anymore....eeeesish best i take better care of my cards.

Seems the Japanese are way ahead with this new feature from Standard Bank 

:whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Actually, quite weird you mention that. It happened to me at a store the other day and I thought it was odd. But nothing untoward happened. And I just got a new card. Everywhere else I have to pin it.

That's common practice in Europe. In many stores they refused to handle my card.

In 2012 in the UK, my Disco credit card didn't have the chip and pin option, and I had to swipe it only. There were no cashiers at Tesco (automated check where you scan your own items and pay with a card - no cash). they asked why I didn't have a chip and pin card.

That's common practice in Europe. In many stores they refused to handle my card.

In 2012 in the UK, my Disco credit card didn't have the chip and pin option, and I had to swipe it only. There were no cashiers at Tesco (automated check where you scan your own items and pay with a card - no cash). they asked why I didn't have a chip and pin card.

Thought chip & pin was mandatory in UK. Maybe just for UK issued cards.

Thought chip & pin was mandatory in UK. Maybe just for UK issued cards.

It is mandatory. And caused a few headaches for them.

My brother tried to explain I was a tourist and using a foreign card.