Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

So my goal was 800 points last week that i did not meet (had a few issues with my garmin).  This week it increased to 900. If you dont meet a goal, does it not go down? of is it just going to increase every week regardless of what you are doing?

It's a 12 week rolling history. So it increases or decreases based on your overall activity levels over that period, not just according to your last week's tally.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a 12 week rolling history. So it increases or decreases based on your overall activity levels over that period, not just according to your last week's tally.

Mine's been increased every week now by 100 points each time

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

So - while their seeming incapability in providing a syncing system that works is a real concern on the VAR side of things, that should in no way detract from the quality of your actual life cover or med aid - as the 3 are completely separate. 

It's one company Miles and how they do the little things reflects on their core business. I am a customer of Discovery. Not a customer of 3 separate parts of Discovery.

Not once in this thread have I moaned about VAR points allocations or "subject to changes" but when they can't do the simple things like read a file synced from Garmin and Polar and allocate me the points, then ask for screen shots I start to question their willingness to meet obligations.

My weekly interaction with Discovery is on VAR, not life or medical aid. VAR is what forms my perception of the company. You are saying it's unreasonable to question their commitments based on this perception. I'll be dead so can't fight them if they don't honour their commitments which is my perception right now based on their incompetence displayed in this programme.

post-35786-0-58243900-1466579489_thumb.jpg

post-35786-0-08672600-1466579490_thumb.jpg

No, I get that - it's just that they ARE 5 separate companies, all under the umbrella of Discovery Holdings. 

Disco Vitality is a company

Disco Life is a company

Invest

Insure

Health...

they're all run separately. 

Also - I'm not sure as to exactly how simple it actually is. If it were simple, and foolproof, the issues with syncing would have been ironed out by now. It seems as if there's a stumbling block SOMEWHERE, and I'd love to have a line to the VAR guys to see what that stumbling block actually is. The fact that it's intermittent is frustrating as heck as well. It may be the constant update nature of all the different devices (I get firmware updates on a regular basis on my garmin and connect updates and Discovery app updates) and whether that affects the communication pathways they put in place... I don't know. 

I'd love a bit more transparency on that issue, though. At least to know WHY it's happening, rather than just "get used to it, send us screenshots"

But yeah - I know your perception is based on your interactions - but it's only interactions with a small segment of the Discovery stable. Does Vitality as a whole meet your expectations, whilst ignoring VAR? I'm sure the VAR team (which would be separate to the normal everyday Vitality team) are working feverishly to sort this mess out. Make no mistake, it's a ROYAL stuffup with all this intermittency... But it has nothing to do with the other aspects of their offering. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

another reason why I don't b!tc# about the vitality set up. Make it work for you...

Cashbacks for the month...

Gym booster - R141

Healthy Foods - R152

Healthy care - R64

Then the 8 smoothies a month - work on average of R30 each - R240

Miles  - R160

Total Cashback - R757

Vitality cost - R199 + R75 credit card service fee's

Good to see some constructive comments making a return to this thread, like it was intended to be.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that (1) hasn't been affected, or (2) is willing to put some time and effort into ensuring it works. I'm not saying that the moans and groans shouldn't be here, but rather it's nice to see some positive comments for a change.

As Myles has mentioned, more than once - we find out about Discovery here before our brokers inform us. Surely that alone speaks volumes of the intended purpose of this thread.

another reason why I don't b!tc# about the vitality set up. Make it work for you...

Cashbacks for the month...

Gym booster - R141

Healthy Foods - R152

Healthy care - R64

Then the 8 smoothies a month - work on average of R30 each - R240

Miles  - R160

Total Cashback - R757

Vitality cost - R199 + R75 credit card service fee's

Don't forget to add in the annual card and miles fees - not much, but it does add up to the costs to be part of the program.

Good to see some constructive comments making a return to this thread, like it was intended to be.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that (1) hasn't been affected, or (2) is willing to put some time and effort into ensuring it works. I'm not saying that the moans and groans shouldn't be here, but rather it's nice to see some positive comments for a change.

As Myles has mentioned, more than once - we find out about Discovery here before our brokers inform us. Surely that alone speaks volumes of the intended purpose of this thread.

My broker consultant (the person who manages the relationship between me as a broker and Disco as a company) is utterly useless. 

Don't forget to add in the annual card and miles fees - not much, but it does add up to the costs to be part of the program.

for sure but it still doesn't outweigh the returns.

I have no problem with the system. I have a serious problem when I comply and they do no. If I load my workouts on Polar and or Garmin and I don't get points allocated and then I get a mail to send screen shots?  I'm not desperate to give my kids the smoothie vouchers.

But I do question what happens when I'm dead and they don't pay out my life policy. If they can't honour their commitment to sync with Garmin and Polar how much confidence do I have that they'll pay out my kids if I was to die?

Don't moan.......

LOL. Troll... :P

It was bound to happen.....let's be honest......

My take on Discovery......if they are failing at this and their Vitality.......on top of many other reports about them refusing to pay out for certain medical procedures......and whatever else people are unhappy about.....there might just be a bigger rot in the core than we can imagine......

My broker consultant (the person who manages the relationship between me as a broker and Disco as a company) is utterly useless. 

Are any any good? I get 2 emails a year from mine and that is it.  One is with regard to now is the time to look at and consider whether you want to change your health plan and the other one is to wish his customers a happy christmas and all the best for the coming year and that the office will be closed on such and such dates lol.

With discovery I do my own investigation and learning the system!!

Edited by shaper

It was bound to happen.....let's be honest......

My take on Discovery......if they are failing at this and their Vitality.......on top of many other reports about them refusing to pay out for certain medical procedures......and whatever else people are unhappy about.....there might just be a bigger rot in the core than we can imagine......

That's purely due to people not knowing what they're covered for, I guarantee you. Every single report I've seen of that (also from my Disco days) is due to not understanding the levels of cover. 

EG: Having a Core plan and expecting coverage for dental procedures / investigative MRI scans etc...