Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

No issues with Garmin, session from this morning is showing already.

But try de-linking and give it another go, never know with these guys...

Garmin came through its the polar that does not.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Multisport Athletes take note.

Apparently you can earn points for all the activities in a multisport race. I'll submit my result from the weekend and give feedback on whether it worked. Currently I only got 300 points for the Bela Bela 5150, but if everything pulls through correctly that should be replaced with a total of 1500 points.

post-27827-0-28384900-1471857090_thumb.png

This is how I read the new point allocations. Normal on left, HP/E on right. Which makes it easier to reach the respective maximums, when sick or unable to train: 900 vs 1200 [emoji848]

245a3b101d9902317e95bc9b4c998aec.jpg

PS: let me know of any errors so I can update. The 60-69 columns look out of sync!

So its better to be on the endurance plan then?

Garmin came through its the polar that does not.

I also got 300 points for the Bela Bela 5150. I laughed a bit.

Multisport Athletes take note.

Apparently you can earn points for all the activities in a multisport race. I'll submit my result from the weekend and give feedback on whether it worked. Currently I only got 300 points for the Bela Bela 5150, but if everything pulls through correctly that should be replaced with a total of 1500 points.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

This is how I read the new point allocations. Normal on left, HP/E on right. Which makes it easier to reach the respective maximums, when sick or unable to train: 900 vs 1200 [emoji848]

245a3b101d9902317e95bc9b4c998aec.jpg

PS: let me know of any errors so I can update. The 60-69 columns look out of sync!

The OCD type would ask you to align the headings to the right.

Tapatalk doesn't have Comic Sans font for sarcasm.

I also got 300 points for the Bela Bela 5150. I laughed a bit.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

The points system is what it is and you will only get 300 points unless it is a timed event where the result is automatically uploaded via the timing company or you email in your certificate or proof of your result of the timed event.

Unless you record data as 1 workout, garmin and other devices will split it in 3 workout disciplines and you will only get max points for one of those workouts, either the run or the cycle depending on which is the higher of the 2... the result is you will get 300 points max, unless you had upgraded to the Endurance option before the race.

I also did Bela Bela and emailed in a screenshot of my result from the website http://results.finishtime.co.za/Results.aspx?CId=35&RId=6069

Email to vitalityinfo@discovery.co.za

You can print the certificate but for me it did not work as the info is all over the place on the certificate.  I also included the certificate even though is illegible.

Still waiting to hear back from them with regard to the points allocation, but am sure once has been verified with the timing company points will be allocated :)

So its better to be on the endurance plan then?

If you do 2 sessions of more than 2 hours @ 70% plus per week, then yes. If not, then you need to do 3 sessions on both anyway, so there's no difference. 

So mine has stopped syncing now. Still took my ride from saturday but didn't take my polar workout from yesterday.

Anyone else with issues? Or do i have to relink after their changing goal posts again?

I use Android Discovery App with S-Health Samsung App. Sunday is not syncing for Heart Rate. I had this problem three times before, solved it by removing the Discovery App and reinstalling again. Last time I had the problem I actually removed the Discovery App twice and reinstalled it twice, then the problem was solved.

Reluctant to remove the S-Health App and reinstall as then the sessions are lost.

If you do 2 sessions of more than 2 hours @ 70% plus per week, then yes. If not, then you need to do 3 sessions on both anyway, so there's no difference. 

Agree with you... only difference I can see is that most will be doing 3 sessions a week, perhaps 1 long session on a weekend and 2 others... and for me, during a recovery week or if ill and have work/family commitments/holidays it will be easier to obtain 900 than 1200 then!!

Also, what I can see is that 100 points for the 60-89 min at 60-69% has a max of 1000 for a year on the endurance plan?

I'd hate to work for Vitalities IT department, seems they constantly have sync issues.  I am on their car insurance and supposed to get rewards for every 100km's I drive without a "bad" event. 

Last week I managed to go from the 10th to the 17th with no incident.  However they only show that I drove 74km's in this period when I actually did 300km's so it looks like they have a syncing problem with DQ Mapper. 

Didn't make my active rewards last week so need my free smoothie for driving well :-)

I use Android Discovery App with S-Health Samsung App. Sunday is not syncing for Heart Rate. I had this problem three times before, solved it by removing the Discovery App and reinstalling again. Last time I had the problem I actually removed the Discovery App twice and reinstalled it twice, then the problem was solved.

Reluctant to remove the S-Health App and reinstall as then the sessions are lost.

I checked and the app says my polar did sync yesterday late morning, after my workout but no points. But there website is also giving met error 500s when trying to access vitality after logging in so maybe their IT department stuffed up...again.

a2585836cf59c5a809ea9285e840d1a6.jpg

PS again:60-69% columns seem to be right. Catered for the OCD club. Main difference between the two is points allocation for 90+ minute activities

Updated.

Called them last week to ask about the other 50% I was supposed to receive for Emperors (they offered 100% back).

system issues was blamed and then payment was made.

Still waiting on the 50% for the Jock

Called them last week to ask about the other 50% I was supposed to receive for Emperors (they offered 100% back).

system issues was blamed and then payment was made.

Still waiting on the 50% for the Jock

the Jock is in July, so at the start of the next quarter. The quarter ends in September, so you have to wait until the next billing run in October before you see the refund. That's how it works.