Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Multisport Athletes take note.

Apparently you can earn points for all the activities in a multisport race. I'll submit my result from the weekend and give feedback on whether it worked. Currently I only got 300 points for the Bela Bela 5150, but if everything pulls through correctly that should be replaced with a total of 1500 points.

I am happy to report back that the 1500 points reflect today for the 5150 after logging all the necessary documentation on their website yesterday.

Myles

How do your clients monitor vitality points now the new points monitor restricts the principal member to own points and minor children?

Seems silly to me that so many rewards are based on status yet it's impossible to check other adults on the plan and that they are getting the correct points allocated.  For example healthy food dependent on medical but I can't check medical has been done.

Myles

How do your clients monitor vitality points now the new points monitor restricts the principal member to own points and minor children?

Seems silly to me that so many rewards are based on status yet it's impossible to check other adults on the plan and that they are getting the correct points allocated.  For example healthy food dependent on medical but I can't check medical has been done.

not entirely sure, besides monitoring their own and then checking with each other. We do the monitoring every so often for our clients, so sometimes we ensure that they're doing what they need to do if they have a history of being slack, and telling them that they need to do X/Y/Z.

But mostly, we've trained them to do all the online stuff ASAP and then we hold assessments in office. So the exercise stuff is almost an extra cherry on the top for the majority of our guys... 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

I am happy to report back that the 1500 points reflect today for the 5150 after logging all the necessary documentation on their website yesterday.

How did you log it as have emailed them all the relevant info for Bela Bela and have not been awarded the 1500 yet!

My polar from sunday didn't pull through but my one from my run last night did...being in IT i try and figure out how their systems work but i cannot...

How did you log it as have emailed them all the relevant info for Bela Bela and have not been awarded the 1500 yet!

On the discovery page, hover over the Vitality Tab, then click the "Gym and Fitness" heading.

Scroll down and then click on "Vitality Race Events"

Scroll down and complete this section: 

post-27827-0-50379700-1471958372_thumb.png

Edited by Rookie85

On the discovery page, hover over the Vitality Tab, then click the "Gym and Fitness" heading.

Scroll down and then click on "Vitality Race Events"

Scroll down and complete this section:

so they have pretty much reverted to the old claim method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by geraldm24

so they have pretty reverted to the old claim method?

I emailed my result for Bela Bela on Sunday as have done for previous races and have still have not had the points awarded, hence why I asked how Rookie managed to get them.

Have now done it via the website, so who knows!! Lol

Does anyone know where to get an older version of the Android Discovery app, the latest version does not sync the exercise, only the steps. I have tried everything to fix this problem. Happened from when the app upgraded on 16 August.

so they have pretty much reverted to the old claim method?

Seems the answer is YES !! ... just got this email

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your email regarding your points for the Standard bank race.

You can submit your race event details on the discovery website:

www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Gym and fitness

Points for race will be allocated depending on the discipline and distance of the event.

If you have any more queries, please visit our online Vitality support page: www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Vitality Support for a range of troubleshooting options. You can view a detailed breakdown of the points you have earned recently on the Vitality Points Monitor, plus use our new points calculator to determine how many points you are earning for workouts with your specific device brand.

Regards

Comfort Nkwane

Discovery Vitality

Does anyone know where to get an older version of the Android Discovery app, the latest version does not sync the exercise, only the steps. I have tried everything to fix this problem. Happened from when the app upgraded on 16 August.

I haven't used my old Samsung phone in a while, but I do remember that you could ily uninstall the updates in the settings mode.

Google may give an answer, otherwise I will try using my tablet later tonight - that's if a solution is received before then.

I haven't used my old Samsung phone in a while, but I do remember that you could ily uninstall the updates in the settings mode.

Google may give an answer, otherwise I will try using my tablet later tonight - that's if a solution is received before then.

I managed to solve the problem after three days of trying. found version 5.10.0 of the Discovery app on google. Installed that and the update works. To uninstall updates you need to have a app that saves the old APK file. The last two versions of the Discovery app don't sync the exercise workouts from S-health.

I've got version from 8/7/16. Can upload it onto google drive or dropbox for you.