Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It had to happen eventually, been loading my workouts with Garmin edge 25 all year (rather smugly I might add) but now they have suddenly stopped synching to VAR. I tried the delink/relink suggestion but no joy, I have doubts whether I'm doing it right anyway as I started to delink on Vitalty app, but was directed to Garmin website, couldn't find a "delink" button, so just removed device from garmin connect. Vitality still showing a garmin device connected so awaiting "blah blah" response from email from Vitality experts.

They will tell you that you that you:

• shouldn't have delinked, but rather called them first;
  • that because you delinked before contacting them, you will not be allocated those points prior to them sorting out the problem;

Anyone else reading this...

DO NOT DELINK YOUR DEVICE UNLESS YOU NO LONGER USE THAT BRAND!

Okay. Shoe booster. 

"up to" 25% discount is applied up front via Healthy Gear card, subject to normal criteria being met (all adults on Vitality having done fitness assessment in previous rolling 12 months; all adults having done screening checks)

Additional 75% discount is paid over 12 months following purchase of shoes, in monthly instalments. Each month's portion will be discounted according to the amount of goals you met the month prior to that. 

IE: You buy shoes for R 2k. R 500 off at till point.

0-1 goals - in month = No additional discount

2 goals - 10% additional discount

3 goals - 25% additional discount

4 goals - 75% additional discount.

This "additional discount" is applied in the following way.

Purchase Price = R 2,000

Monthly amount = R 2,000/12 = R 166.67

0-1 = R 166.67 * 0% = R 0

2 = R 166.67 * 10% = R 16.67

3 = R 166.67 * 25% = R 41.67

4 = R 166.67 * 100% = R 166.67

That happens every month for the 12 months following purchase.

Oh. And there's a R 300 activation fee, and you get a "free" 2017 Team Vitality Running Membership when activating.  

So essentially it's an apple watch benefit for skoene. And over 12 months instead of 24. And with an up front discount on the purchase price. 

Okay. Shoe booster.

"up to" 25% discount is applied up front via Healthy Gear card, subject to normal criteria being met (all adults on Vitality having done fitness assessment in previous rolling 12 months; all adults having done screening checks)

Additional 75% discount is paid over 12 months following purchase of shoes, in monthly instalments. Each month's portion will be discounted according to the amount of goals you met the month prior to that.

IE: You buy shoes for R 2k. R 500 off at till point.

0-1 goals - in month = No additional discount

2 goals - 10% additional discount

3 goals - 25% additional discount

4 goals - 75% additional discount.

This "additional discount" is applied in the following way.

Purchase Price = R 2,000

Monthly amount = R 2,000/12 = R 166.67

0-1 = R 166.67 * 0% = R 0

2 = R 166.67 * 10% = R 16.67

3 = R 166.67 * 25% = R 41.67

4 = R 166.67 * 100% = R 166.67

That happens every month for the 12 months following purchase.

Oh. And there's a R 300 activation fee, and you get a "free" 2017 Team Vitality Running Membership when activating.

So essentially it's an apple watch benefit for skoene. And over 12 months instead of 24. And with an up front discount on the purchase price.

i was about the comment on it being like an Apple Watch incentive.

Other than that, no real changes to Vitality. A couple of other things relating to Miles and your Vitality points converting to Disco miles at the end of every year, but that's only for Discovery Card holders. You can also use them to boost your discount on travel (excl VAR travel booster stuff) but that's not really relevant and there are some other matters I need to look into. 

Health - a few changes - 9.9% increase to most plans, 7.9% increase on Coastal Saver, 11.9% on Comprehensive & Executive due to extra utilisation, 15% on Coastal Core cos there are HUGE discrepancies with claims frequency on that plan.

Oh - and they launched a gap cover product which is absolute and utter shaite. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Oh - and there's a new Essential Smart Plan health option. Existing one will be called Classic Smart plan. 

Premiums for new Essential Smart Plan are R 1,100 per person. Makes sense for families of 2. For more than that, the set premiums (ie no difference between primary, adult & child) make it unaffordable when compared to other plans. 

Oh - another one I forgot about. They've lowered the threshold for Bronze & Silver levels to 20,000 & 30,000 points respectively. Double that for Husband & wife, add a bit more for each adult dependent. 

Gold 45,000?

Edit: looking at the summary points pic you posted and working out how to get there ;)

Edited by shaper

There are none, if it's done properly. 

If it's not done properly, then there's a problem. The primary issue though would be the cost of the value of the item post repair, and whether the repairer is qualified to perform the repairs properly. 

There lies the problem, nobody says, I am going to repair this and it may or may not work. They will of course say it will work and will be qualified. But I am not happy to come off down Ou Kaapseweg and then claim under a guarantee for the repair when I am in hospital.

A couple of other things relating to Miles and your Vitality points converting to Disco miles at the end of every year, but that's only for Discovery Card holders.

This sounds interesting... keen to hear what they have lined up.