Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This entire thing (VAR) is a shambles. Honestly, I've just decided to scrap this whole thing and will just pay for the stupid watch. It's been riddled with problems from day 1. If it wasn't the dropping of Strava, then it's Garmin syncing one week and then delink relink delink relink delink relink. Then it was delink relink in private mode, then that stopped working. After that, the heartrate on the watch is inaccurate so you don't score points. I'm honestly ******* fed up calling their dumbass call centre for the same shyte week in week out. Honestly, **** this. I'll just pay the rest of my watch off and use strava and bugger those stupid active rewards points. This is just far too much hassles for my liking.

This entire thing (VAR) is a shambles. Honestly, I've just decided to scrap this whole thing and will just pay for the stupid watch. It's been riddled with problems from day 1. If it wasn't the dropping of Strava, then it's Garmin syncing one week and then delink relink delink relink delink relink. Then it was delink relink in private mode, then that stopped working. After that, the heartrate on the watch is inaccurate so you don't score points. I'm honestly ******* fed up calling their dumbass call centre for the same shyte week in week out. Honestly, **** this. I'll just pay the rest of my watch off and use strava and bugger those stupid active rewards points. This is just far too much hassles for my liking.

Yeah man, you guys who have had these problems - I feel for you guys. It's completely understandable, and must be highly frustrating. Both my wife and I have had no issues whatsoever, me on Garmin her on the apple watch. Only had to link once.

Wish the developer that had been contracted to do the VAR system actually had a proper handle on it.

My Garmin Synch still not working as well, have had to use apple watch to track workouts this week and 2/3 of last weeks Garmin workouts came through today after submitting manually by email. Have had several emails with "we are working on the problem" but waiting anxiously for the "problem fixed" email.

My S Health Sync not working on Android. Tried everything that I normally did which fixed it before, including going back to old versions of the Discovery App,  deleting and reinstalling everything. No luck. Logged a support incident, now I wait.

For me the relationship between VAR & Garmin Connect is a bit of a hit and miss.

Some weeks it works 100%, then on some weeks it just leaves 1 workout out (at random).

Last week it never imported a workout on a Monday, this week it skipped Sunday's ride.

@Myles you want to take a bet that the developers don't use VAR ?

If they had to use VAR they'd now the frustration some people have.

Similar to the fact that engineers don't work on cars and have fun in hiding the oil filter.

TOMTOM is back on VAR

email from Discovery:

We have great news: TomTom have now successfully integrated with the Vitality programme. A big thank you for your ongoing patience as we worked with the TomTom team to ensure that you are rewarded for getting active and tracking your fitness activity.

If you are a TomTom user, you can now earn Vitality fitness points for tracking your speed and heart rate – depending on the capabilities of the device you use. View our points breakdown for all the ways that you can earn points.

Important next steps to start tracking

In order to start earning points for speed activity and heart rate tracking, follow these easy steps:

1. Log into your Vitality profile on www.discovery.co.za or using the Discovery app

2. Visit our Fitness devices and apps page

3. Click ‘Link my TomTom account’ and follow the steps provided

You will only earn points once the above linking steps have been completed. Workouts done prior to this linking will not count towards your weekly Vitality Active Rewards goals.

It’s great that you’re improving your health and wellbeing through exercise and we encourage you to continue to do so. If you have any queries, please visit our online Vitality Support page.

Get active. Get rewarded.

The Vitality team

Has this not been the case for a while now?

TOMTOM is back on VAR

email from Discovery:

We have great news: TomTom have now successfully integrated with the Vitality programme. A big thank you for your ongoing patience as we worked with the TomTom team to ensure that you are rewarded for getting active and tracking your fitness activity.

If you are a TomTom user, you can now earn Vitality fitness points for tracking your speed and heart rate – depending on the capabilities of the device you use. View our points breakdown for all the ways that you can earn points.

Important next steps to start tracking

In order to start earning points for speed activity and heart rate tracking, follow these easy steps:

1. Log into your Vitality profile on www.discovery.co.za or using the Discovery app

2. Visit our Fitness devices and apps page

3. Click ‘Link my TomTom account’ and follow the steps provided

You will only earn points once the above linking steps have been completed. Workouts done prior to this linking will not count towards your weekly Vitality Active Rewards goals.

It’s great that you’re improving your health and wellbeing through exercise and we encourage you to continue to do so. If you have any queries, please visit our online Vitality Support page.

Get active. Get rewarded.

The Vitality team

Aaaannnd my sync is still not fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened to the dedicated techie that was assigned to attend to it?

My S Health Sync not working on Android. Tried everything that I normally did which fixed it before, including going back to old versions of the Discovery App,  deleting and reinstalling everything. No luck. Logged a support incident, now I wait.

Maybe you can try this.

I had the same problem for over a month on my Samsung Android phone. After weeks communicating via email they told me to delete the cache and data in Application Manager in Settings, choosing the Discovery app, on my phone. This worked. I have the latest versions of the Discovery and S Health app.

Luckily I also use my Garmin device for getting the points. S Health is also working now.

What happened to the dedicated techie that was assigned to attend to it?

He is there manually loading my stuff

Maybe you can try this.

I had the same problem for over a month on my Samsung Android phone. After weeks communicating via email they told me to delete the cache and data in Application Manager in Settings, choosing the Discovery app, on my phone. This worked. I have the latest versions of the Discovery and S Health app.

Luckily I also use my Garmin device for getting the points. S Health is also working now.

Thanks, tried it and it didn't work. Good idea though. Did it for the Discovery and S Health apps.

He is there manually loading my stuff

No! That's insane.

I can't understand how it was a problem for me for a week and a half and for others (you included) it goes on and on and on.

Edited by geraldm24