Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

I have been a Vitality member since 2008, moving to Bronze normally by October or so....

Now started looking at it actively, and here is the result, with only 8 days down for the year. Will get to Gold by Tuesday if all goes well!

likewise, I have only 10000 to get to gold, doing a tri this weekend that will give me another 3000 and have an appointment with the nutritionist on Tuesday, so will hit gold by the middle of next week... and still have the fitness assessment to do !!... a walk in the park !!

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It did when I first got my Suunto because it was a mission to set-up (had to have same login email as discovery etc..)

I do sync Movescount to Strava but I have used:

Movescount->MapMyFitness->Discovery

instead because I swim and MapMyFitness picks up My indoor swims unlike Strava

Maybe try that?

Thanks, I tried that last night because it was how I used to sync my tomtom but for some reason mapymyfitness just logs into the movescount page when I try link it but never links either.

This stuff should be relatively simple, but that isnt proving to be the case!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/07/6ad4a5b8aa2fdd59ed4fa2bb3852fc4d.jpg

Is this normal when you have over 2000 points showing under "get active"? For the past week starting on Saturday

FYI: I've not used the Apple Watch I signed up for, but the Strava app, and two Garmin devices, as well as a Parkrun to get the points.

Edit: photo

They've fixed something!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/08/ac61e5299d4b51f1b009c0e1a95a4710.jpg

Thought the cash back was limited to R500 per month?

I get 25% on healthy gear from sportsmans warehouse capped at R4000 SPEND per month (family cap).  Per the website if you are a single member the SPEND cap is R2000 per month...

edit to correct - tks Shaper

Edited by dracs

I get 25% on healthy gear from sportsmans warehouse capped at R4000 per month (family cap).  Per the website if you are a single member the cap is R2000 per month...

It is R4000 or R2000 SPEND, so on R2000 spend you will ger R500 back, anything more than those caps spent you will not get any money back.

From the website.....As a single member, you can get cash back on a maximum of R2 000 a month that you spend on HealthyGear.

It is R4000 or R2000 SPEND, so on R2000 spend you will ger R500 back, anything more than those caps spent you will not get any money back.

From the website.....As a single member, you can get cash back on a maximum of R2 000 a month that you spend on HealthyGear.

Edit - I see you are correct!!  So max of R1k a month back for family, R500 for single...

Edited by dracs

Nope  - I got about R1400 back last month.

Cool, good to know that they are not applying their caps!

Cool, good to know that they are not applying their caps!

I was smoking my socks!  corrected now - got R1k back healthy gear.  Other cash back was for other disco bits and pieces...

Edited by dracs

To everyone battling with Strava and points, I experienced the following today:

1. Uploaded my Garmin workout file yesterday to Strava only, and deliberately stopped it from syncing with Garmin connect. End result, no points after a day!

I then uploaded it to Garmin connect, and my points reflected within 5 minutes.

2. Uploaded my wife's phone workout to Strava, no points! Created a Garmin account, linked it and points on Discovery within 5 minutes!

SO in my experience the problem seems to lie in retrieving the info from Strava.

I take it that everyone getting 25% back on the Healthy gear card have done the online fitness check and Vitality Fitness test (with a biokinetikist) or the Elite fitness test, in 2016? If yes, you certainly don't waste time?

I did the online fitness check. Do I have to do the Vitality fitness test with biokinetikist as well to qualify for my 25% cash back in healthy gear?

I take it that everyone getting 25% back on the Healthy gear card have done the online fitness check and Vitality Fitness test (with a biokinetikist) or the Elite fitness test, in 2016? If yes, you certainly don't waste time?

Not yet, planning to do my fitness test and health checks at the end of Jan. Ideally at a Disco wellness centre but the nearest 1 for me in Durban is 35km away...

Reason for delay, need to get my weight and waist down a bit to score the bonus points.