The good news thread

shova1

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd assume that new good news would be a good thing ;)

There was a saying something like no news is good news, but I am a tad confused...   

Lunch time

Homemade lamb curry n rice with a few slices of garlic bread

wrong thread,,,,, you should be on biggest loser thread

wrong thread,,,,, you should be on biggest loser thread

Sshh.... I'm not going to giveaway secrets which have helped keep my weight respectably constant since i klaared out the wermag last century

Some Christmas cheer.

Yes it may just be marketing, and yes you pay for it and it doesn't hit their bottom line that much wadda wadda, but for these families, it made a big difference in their day.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news: If you reading this, you survived the deadliest day of the year :eek:  :thumbup:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/12/30/the-deadliest-day-of-the-year-is-almost-upon-us/?wpisrc=nl_rainbow

A few years ago, a sociology professor named David Phillips examined 57 million death certificates issued between 1979 and 2004 and made an interesting finding: Not only do more people die in the winter months, but New Year's Day is actually the deadliest day of all. Phillips plotted the millions of deaths from natural causes according to the day of year on which they occurred, and this is what he ended up with:

post-182-0-47899200-1451978214_thumb.png

Back to work tomorrow.

Yes, that is good news as in I am fortunate to have it - it bought me some cycling stuff from CWC which hopefully will go on the bike before this weekend.