What does bikehub-land think of the All Mountain Hardtail?

Odinson

I can tell.

What I'm wondering is how many LBS' are there were Joe Soap can walk in and buy himself an AM hardtail. There are many bikes available, but in SA it's either boutique/niche manufacturers such as Dave Mercer or imports such as Cotics and On-One. There aren't too many bike shops that stock this type of bike.

Does a Jedi walk into a saber store and buy a light saber?

Edited by raptor-22

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good couple of sales staff on the floor also stare back at you with a blank look on their face when you talk to them RE AM HT ..... chuck in the words "steel" and "26'er" and they are completely lost.

Yes it's the same look a teenager has when you mention basf cassette....

No clue is evident

AM hardtail.... The dream.

With a dropper and a 120/160 Talas fork things can get pretty sideways pretty fast. 

The smile is never far away when you rock one of these on a regular basis.

Thank you David Mercer for all the smiles.

(On a side Note I saw a brand new ROS 9 for sale in the classifieds... you guys should check that out)

Jeepers, dude.

You need to get your troll detector calibrated. It's off.

Que?

Goggles. More likely to stay on your pip. Less likely to let trail muck in (yes, I've had mud find its way between full frame glasses and my face and it hurts like feck) you can wear glasses or contacts under them, they're less impacted by sweat and rain (drops rolling down the face) and a few other benefits.

No style police thing, just function. They're also generally cheaper than proper sports glasses. Far cheaper

Liking the idea of a 27.5 plus AM HT with Talas or equivalent dual travel fork.

Fit some pannier racks, fast rolling 29er wheels and drop the fork for touring duty or grippy 27.5+ wheels and unleash the extra travel for trail shredding.

Also, I know its not a fatbike but 27.5+ has got to be nice for a bit of coastal exploration on hardpacked sand at low tide.

Does a Jedi walk into a saber store and buy a light saber?

Jedi?! Only a Sith Lord is worthy of an AM HT!

Feel the Dark Side course through your veins as you bomb down the trails, with the rear end popping, snapping and crackling beneath you. 

Liking the idea of a 27.5 plus AM HT with Talas or equivalent dual travel fork.

Fit some pannier racks, fast rolling 29er wheels and drop the fork for touring duty or grippy 27.5+ wheels and unleash the extra travel for trail shredding.

Also, I know its not a fatbike but 27.5+ has got to be nice for a bit of coastal exploration on hardpacked sand at low tide.

The Spez Fuze is an easy option if you're looking at 27.5+. Most reviews I've come across say that it's a pretty fun and sorted ride.

Edited by Odinson

The Spez Fuze is an easy option if you're looking at 27.5+. Most reviews I've come across say that it's a pretty and sorted ride.

Yeah I'm looking but I want to build up a frame with used 10spd bits from my TBLT and then treat the TBLT to a new fork and 11spd groupset. Will go check out a Fuze but also thinking Parkwood or similar.

Was hoping SC might bring out a hot new plus bike at some stage...

I would want to use it for light touring, a few beach rides and some trail riding.

Jedi?! Only a Sith Lord is worthy of an AM HT!

Feel the Dark Side course through your veins as you bomb down the trails, with the rear end popping, snapping and crackling beneath you.

The sith only deal in absolutes. Amht is about the uncertainty of the trail, not knowing what comes around the next bend, about winging it and getting the girl only to tell her your one true love is the ride.

It's a jedi tool

• 4 months later...

My latest redo on my on one 45650B, using various bits and bobs, running a Fox Overdrive 2 Talas 120-140 upfront, with X0 DH cranks with spacers for the 83mm spindle on a 73mm Bottom bracket, some old Magura Louise Stoppers, Giant OD2 stem, Headset is a nuke proof bottom cups with FSA Overdrive 2 top cup. X9 RD with XX shifter, Hope chain rings upfront with Hope 40t on back.

post-34539-0-84110100-1460384428_thumb.jpg

post-34539-0-99655400-1460384438_thumb.jpg