What does bikehub-land think of the All Mountain Hardtail?

Odinson

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic build Seadog.... saw you on the On One riding along the beachfront the other day, I was with my lady. Still looking great.

This is mine , few changes since this photo

-50mm stem

-RaceFace turbine crank

-100mm dropper

Its just to awesome to describe , I always leave the trails smiling :D

/\

My bike would look pretty sweet with a set of surbosa's in that color

Awesome! And yeah, it would :)

Putting the final finishing touches to my ROS9 tonight. Will post complete pics tomorrow.

Rock Shox  Yari 140mm

Sram 1x11

Hope Hubs with Spank Oozy rims

Reverb Stealth

So where are the pics for the completed steed ?

want...!

eyeing the Ragley BigWig 29er, will just build my trance onto it!

Love mine, it's a bit dusty, I've been using it as a gravel grinder of late, but it loves the mountains

post-2975-0-97182600-1460532115_thumb.jpg

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Jeronimo_Ti-MTB-27-5-Plus_custom-titanium-hardtail-trail-mountain-bike_complete-driveside.jpg

So what would be a realistic price for building one of these, even in 26 format. Thus, what's the cheapest way in getting one, even if it's a steel build

What do you mean "even if". Steel is the original and best material for an AM hardtail. Probably the cheapest way to get in on the steel hardtail fun is an on one. They seem to be cheaper than cotic with very similar geometry. That said, there is a feeling to steel. I've heard that two bikes can have identical geometry but feel quite different. Hence the cotic bfe and soul, they have the same geometry but one is made with thinner tubing this makes it more compliant and thus a smoother ride but less suited to hucking off rooftops. I've found there is a moment on my soul where I can feel the back end moving independently from my bottom bracket. It freaked me out at first but I've come to see it as part of the charm. It only happens at speed (okay this is debatable) when I'm motoring over rocks (the first time I became aware of it was the peppercorns stage of the hakahana - and I've noticed it every time I've ridden that stage since). I'm pretty sure that feeling is unique to the soul because it has particular chain stays, but this may be a trait of all steel hard tails (I don't have any others to compare to). The reality seems to be that geometry and construction have an impact on steel hardtails but unfortunately you're probably only going to notice the nuances after quite a lot of miles so a simple test ride probably won't tell you much. I just went on the opinions of others; but I ignored the opinions of most bike shops since I could tell the all wanted to sell me on a full sus.

what size it perhaps?

and where/how mush $$$?

It's a med, that I bought from Chain Reaction, when the ZAR was about 16 to the GBP, so cost me about R3K. Total cost was about R15K

It's a med, that I bought from Chain Reaction, when the ZAR was about 16 to the GBP, so cost me about R3K. Total cost was about R15K

at R3000 its makes keeping my Giant Trance frame as when needed... and play around with both frames!

Wow Prices have gone up, I paid GPB187 in November 2013, the new 2016 frames are GBP413 (R8800) now, but they have removable dropouts now, although I dont like the new paintjobhttp://ragleybikes.com/wp-content/uploads//Bigwig-Frame-4.jpg

I liked the old pinstriped paint job

Edited by deanbean

Wow Prices have gone up, I paid GPB187 in November 2013, the new 2016 frames are GBP413 (R8800) now, but they have removable dropouts now, although I dont like the new paintjobhttp://ragleybikes.com/wp-content/uploads//Bigwig-Frame-4.jpg

I liked the old pinstriped paint job

schmaaaaak that little whole, for internal routing of dropper...