Review: Syntace W-35 MX Wheels

Matt

Syntace is a name that I first recognised from my triathlon days as the makers of tri bars and other high-end products. Perhaps a little ahead of their time, the German company introduced their W-Series range of lightweight, super wide aluminium mountain bike wheels “way” back in 2012.

Click here to view the article

It's a ratchet drive system like dtswiss 240s hubs. The hope evo 2 hub is only about R2000 cheaper and you won't change the price of the rims so there's not going anything more than 10% saving.

There was a guu selling them at 950 each was in the classifieds, i was actually planning om getting me but i see the add is no longer there, TRIGURU was the hubber profile

It's a ratchet drive system like dtswiss 240s hubs. The hope evo 2 hub is only about R2000 cheaper and you won't change the price of the rims so there's not going anything more than 10% saving.

R5 000 for rims, R1500 for spokes and labour (just had a set built) and Hope Pro 2 Evo are R3750 a set on CWC. So around R10k, but let's call it R11k to be generous.

Still about R7k cheaper.

What am I missing?

R5 000 for rims, R1500 for spokes and labour (just had a set built) and Hope Pro 2 Evo are R3750 a set on CWC. So around R10k, but let's call it R11k to be generous.

Still about R7k cheaper.

What am I missing?

American Classic Wide Lightnings for R7800 (Evobikes)

Still about R7k cheaper.

What am I missing?

the German factor....

Edited by raptor-22

R6800 for the hubset

R1500 for spoes and labour (probably fairly cheap spokes)

R5000 for the rims

SAPIM triple butted are R35per spoke. lwts say R5 per nipple So R40 per spoke.

R40 x 64 = r2560 plus R400 labour so lets call it R3000 

R6800

R3000

R5000

R14800 or thereabouts.

Still a way off the R17K quoted. Does make it seem a bit steep. HHUb price is actually closer to R9000 but I used prices off bike24.com

AC Carbonator on special for R 17 995 at the moment on Evobikes ...

26 mm internal width, super stiff, 1680 grams (heavy-ish for carbon).

This. Doesn't. Compute.

No mention of things such as hub engagement speed, tjoopless compatability and performance and stiffness.

No mention of things such as hub engagement speed, tjoopless compatability and performance and stiffness.

Like I said, the German factor.. How dare you eefen osk zis queschin! Schweine Hund!