Trans Baviaans 2016

Joe Low

She still raced Baviaans last year and won the mixed category. Don't think she gave the prize money back...

She promised not to have a  free Spur Burger at the finish this year.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering where I got my energy from after Bergplaas. The soup was lekker man lekker. Jaffels at CP7 was the best ever.    

I agree smurf that soup was on another level at Bergplaas, oh and the jaffles was lekke I wanted to kuier more but I had time limits for my team at the stops.

It seems like we don't want to ride unnecessarily fast. The fast guys miss turnoffs, get pelted with oranges and have lights stolen off their bikes whilst being 'assisted'. much safer to ride quietly at the back 

Nancy i was the guy near the rear being pelted with the lemons, so you aren't safe  :clap: !!!!

HI Guys,

Did my first TB last weekend. Loved it. I was part of some of the last guys to finish, but the full team of 4 finished.

Fangs 2 killed me, and MAC. But after that i pulled through and finished in a blistering time of 20:48:23 :-)

Will be back next year, fell in love with this ride.

post-61190-0-72496700-1471598216_thumb.png

post-61190-0-27466600-1471598250_thumb.jpg

HI Guys,

Did my first TB last weekend. Loved it. I was part of some of the last guys to finish, but the full team of 4 finished.

Fangs 2 killed me, and MAC. But after that i pulled through and finished in a blistering time of 20:48:23 :-)

AWESOME SPIRIT MATE, YOU LIVED TO TELL THE TALE. NEXT YEAR YOU TAKE OFF 5 HOURS. :clap:  :devil: .

HI Guys,

Well Done, it's guys like you who are the warriors of MTB, not those who do it in double quick time.

Well Done, it's guys like you who are the warriors of MTB, not those who do it in double quick time.

Exactly. We only ride fast because we fall to pieces after 9 hours!

Well done Projmanzar - hope to see you on the start line next year again. And while we're talking about doing silly things - I see the entries for 36One open on Monday ;)

Exactly. We only ride fast because we fall to pieces after 9 hours!

Well done Projmanzar - hope to see you on the start line next year again. And while we're talking about doing silly things - I see the entries for 36One open on Monday ;)

Thanks  for the kind words... I will be entering the Half 36One... Not quite ready for the full one yet :-)

10:36 waited for MAC, waited for FANGS & the other climbs all off which never arrived all thanks to you guys here creating an expectation in me & the route profile which was off scale & deceiving. Will I be back again? For sure!! Just left Jbay about an hour ago & people were still riding, could actually still see them along the route.

so will be doing my 1st real baviaans this weekend (langsbaviaans 2011 just didnt count for me)

I`ve  heard of a few guys getting a turn wrong on the top of bergplaas, can someone please give me more info of this turn?  Were it is and why they getting it wrong?

Because the organisers in the wisdom do not mark the route. Quite stupid actually seeing as they go so far at to mark the WRONG routes about a km down the road.

And what is the deal with the 450ZAR rider change fee, there is practically no admin involved. 

1st Trans done and dusted, big hard ride. Very proud of our team Trans iGazi and 14:23. Very well run event imo. Memorable moment for me was pulling into Hadleigh packsheds and seeing our support which was awesome.