Bikehub biggest loser 2015 competition

eddy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it doesn't move, don't eat it.

If it moves, catch it.

If you can't catch it, chase it.

If you still can't catch it, try the next moving thing.

Either way, you're probably not eating much and moving lots.

Good luck all.

Just a suggestion why dont all on the list contribute R 50 to a price for the no 1 - 3 ? And split it say 70 20 10? Net n klip in die bos? Seeing it is over the festive season etc.....

Just a suggestion why dont all on the list contribute R 50 to a price for the no 1 - 3 ? And split it say 70 20 10? Net n klip in die bos? Seeing it is over the festive season etc.....

And Frank Truter can be the banker entrusted to look after the money. 

I remember having to adjust the spring to bring the dial back to zero.

Saves you the trouble to find the Camelback to manipulate the result  :ph34r:

Been down this road a few times...since i gave up smoking it has been a challenge...both eating and staying away from that 1 puff...thats all it takes.

as you have seen by a pic I posted recently i have lost a few pounds already this year...I have tried most diets...eating plans whatever you want to call them...the reality is they all work...some work faster than others.

like giving up smoking it is a life time choice you have to make...i have given up smoking 3 times and each time all it has taken is 1 puff and i am back to smoking 20-30 a day...12 years + since the last puff...the scary thing is all it takes is a change in lifestyle or incident...add a beer or 2  and it multiples the risk...so why am i talking about smoking...because when i smoke I loose weight and stay slim...many a time i think maybe i should just start smoking again...the problem with smoking is you put yourself at such a high risk for other issues...every time i go to the ER with chest pains the very first question is... "do you smoke"...i am told that you become a high risk patient.

loosing weight gets more difficult as you get older...trust me on this one...10 years ago i lost 30 kg in 4 months...started with a high protein diet lost 10 kg in the first month...then changed to weigh less and lost the other 20 kg over a 3 month period....got lazy and put it all back on and some...

10 years later i have been at it for 11 months already...and battling to get below 100 kg...i know what i am doing wrong...i just need to commit.

a few tips

it is all in your mind....once you can commit and have the will power you are already 90 % done.

no matter what eating plan you choose...they all work you just have to believe in it and stick to it...however from past experience high protein plans get the fastest results.

preparation...this is the key to success...like going for that early morning ride...if you dont prepare the night before...put your kit out and make sure the bike is ready... chances are you not gona ride...so go shopping get the the food you need and prepare it in the morning or night before and pack it into a small cooler box...if you like me and travel around a lot...it is just tooo easy to stop and buy a pie and coke.

stop snacking...unless it is carrots...those little nibbles and huge volumes of food are what make you fat...what goes in must come out...be it through heavy breathing...sweat or out the the bottom...it has to go somewhere...otherwise it gets stored.

a little exercise helps to tone otherwise you end up with hanging skin.

i find the exercise makes me want to loose weight....like at the moment...the thing that is driving me the most to loose weight is the not how much i have to carry up the hills (my legs are getting stronger) but the fact that my legs hit my fat gut while pedaling...so the gut has to go.

what you do with this info is up to you...i am not qualified to give healthy eating tips...just sharing my experiences.

if you are a smoker and want to give up...make sure you have a good eating plan in place before you give up.

Oh how I will miss the beer and brannas this weekend. That's if I am strong enough ha ha

You don't have to...read this:

A Beer Lover's Practical Guide For Losing Weight

http://deludedinformer.tripod.com/weight.html

As far as brannas goes, this is just scary. Should be outlawed. You are shot on sight if you order this on the East Rand...

post-1604-0-39419300-1449552593_thumb.jpg

Been down this road a few times...since i gave up smoking it has been a challenge...both eating and staying away from that 1 puff...thats all it takes.

as you have seen by a pic I posted recently i have lost a few pounds already this year...I have tried most diets...eating plans whatever you want to call them...the reality is they all work...some work faster than others.

like giving up smoking it is a life time choice you have to make...i have given up smoking 3 times and each time all it has taken is 1 puff and i am back to smoking 20-30 a day...12 years + since the last puff...the scary thing is all it takes is a change in lifestyle or incident...add a beer or 2 and it multiples the risk...so why am i talking about smoking...because when i smoke I loose weight and stay slim...many a time i think maybe i should just start smoking again...the problem with smoking is you put yourself at such a high risk for other issues...every time i go to the ER with chest pains the very first question is... "do you smoke"...i am told that you become a high risk patient.

loosing weight gets more difficult as you get older...trust me on this one...10 years ago i lost 30 kg in 4 months...started with a high protein diet lost 10 kg in the first month...then changed to weigh less and lost the other 20 kg over a 3 month period....got lazy and put it all back on and some...

10 years later i have been at it for 11 months already...and battling to get below 100 kg...i know what i am doing wrong...i just need to commit.

a few tips

it is all in your mind....once you can commit and have the will power you are already 90 % done.

no matter what eating plan you choose...they all work you just have to believe in it and stick to it...however from past experience high protein plans get the fastest results.

preparation...this is the key to success...like going for that early morning ride...if you dont prepare the night before...put your kit out and make sure the bike is ready... chances are you not gona ride...so go shopping get the the food you need and prepare it in the morning or night before and pack it into a small cooler box...if you like me and travel around a lot...it is just tooo easy to stop and buy a pie and coke.

stop snacking...unless it is carrots...those little nibbles and huge volumes of food are what make you fat...what goes in must come out...be it through heavy breathing...sweat or out the the bottom...it has to go somewhere...otherwise it gets stored.

a little exercise helps to tone otherwise you end up with hanging skin.

i find the exercise makes me want to loose weight....like at the moment...the thing that is driving me the most to loose weight is the not how much i have to carry up the hills (my legs are getting stronger) but the fact that my legs hit my fat gut while pedaling...so the gut has to go.

what you do with this info is up to you...i am not qualified to give healthy eating tips...just sharing my experiences.

if you are a smoker and want to give up...make sure you have a good eating plan in place before you give up.

The dark horse.......the Japan of Hubber Buffalos......

......me thinks we have a problem......this one is for sure going to make it tough for the rest of us.......stay committed.

Because if there is a financial reward, it gives an incentive for some potential Frank Truter to cheat.

Leaving it a challenge, if you cheat you will only be deceiving yourself.

It is afterall just a mechanism to get your weight loss commitment into the public domain so we can support each other. A bit like the Munga, just harder.

Because if there is a financial reward, it gives an incentive for some potential Frank Truter to cheat.

It is afterall just a mechanism to get your weight losscommitment into the public domain so we can support each other. A bit like the Munga, just harder.

This. 

A bit like the Munga, just harder.

Way harder...if they had alcohol and delicious treats along the way they at least were burning approximately 1 million calories each :P

So officially I was 95.7kgs last night...   rest of the stats 34/1.82/road/mtb/Jozi

post-3544-0-38016000-1449557003_thumb.jpg

Have sent all the naughty stuff hidden around the house with the wife to work to dump on her colleagues

Have let all my family know chocolates and *** will not be tolerated as xmas presents :angry:

First run already done this am :thumbup:

Calves did not enjoy those extra kilos

Let the games begin

It is afterall just a mechanism to get your weight losscommitment into the public domain so we can support each other. A bit like the Munga, just harder.

Just remind me what the agreed donation was for missing a committed to ride again... :)

So - sing along to the tune of something or other from Snow White & the seven short pervs...."I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go, I owe, I owe...."

I promise to sing it to you tomorrow morning....  several times in fact... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: despite sending messages at 1am, therebye disturbing your beauty sleep (for which I unreservedly apologise) - I did make the start this morning... as promised.

Archived