Read any good books this holiday?

Vetseun

http://www.timeslive.co.za/incoming/2015/08/01/olivia-book.jpg/ALTERNATES/crop_250x330/olivia+book.JPG

It_cover.jpgLekker Choice Fanie

http://www.sapnet.co.za/bookcovers/1/9/2/9781920289546.jpg

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you must see my bookshelf  :blush: 

bit of a book nerd, you must see me a those book exchange shops, lets just say its worse than a woman shopping for shoes.

Oldest book I own is on ethics in legal practice and it was printed in 1918 

some of the authors include

Peter Stiff

Jack Higgins 

Mario Puzo

Adolf Hitler

Stephen King

Dean Koontz 

Jan Breytenbach 

Tony Park

John vd Ruit

Wilbur Smith 

Pieter Mulder

JRR Tolkien

Deon Meyer 

Dana Snyman

I'm the same. Its impossible for me to pass a second hand book store without going in. My wife hates it, and I never get rid of any books, so the collection grows.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/incoming/2015/08/01/olivia-book.jpg/ALTERNATES/crop_250x330/olivia+book.JPG

It_cover.jpg

http://www.sapnet.co.za/bookcovers/1/9/2/9781920289546.jpg

you must see my bookshelf :blush:

bit of a book nerd, you must see me a those book exchange shops, lets just say its worse than a woman shopping for shoes.

Oldest book I own is on ethics in legal practice and it was printed in 1918

some of the authors include

Peter Stiff

Jack Higgins

Mario Puzo

Adolf Hitler

Stephen KingA fine colection indeed

Dean Koontz

Jan Breytenbach

Tony Park

John vd Ruit

Wilbur Smith

Pieter Mulder

JRR Tolkien

Deon Meyer

Dana Snyman

A fine collection indeed. Edited by Vetseun

I read book 2 and 3 of the millennium trilogy (aka Girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy) great reads and finished Terry Hayes " I am Pilgrim" 30min ago.. fantastic reads all of them.

Next is Senseless by Mary Burton.

Started the Stieg Larson Millennium series.

Brilliant!

Incredible. . Pity the author died... I see there is a new book that his partner wrote after finding his drafts.. donno if I am keen apparently there was a huge legal battle over it.

Aha.. Senseless and the follow up Merciless were both enjoyable.. next I found a Mario Puzo book that is not a mob book (as I have read them all) and he originally wrote it under an alias "Six graves to Munich"

Then I have the Three Musketeers and The count of Montenegro Cristo waiting for me.

Aha.. Senseless and the follow up Merciless were both enjoyable.. next I found a Mario Puzo book that is not a mob book (as I have read them all) and he originally wrote it under an alias "Six graves to Munich"

Then I have the Three Musketeers and The count of Montenegro Cristo waiting for me.

Was the second Mario Puzo book I read. After you read it, watch Hannibal rising (which is supposedly based on a Thomas Harris book)

Was the second Mario Puzo book I read. After you read it, watch Hannibal rising (which is supposedly based on a Thomas Harris book)

Hannibal Rising was a good read. Edited by Vetseun

Finished Ted Simons follow up book Dreaming of Jupiter. In his first book, Jupiters travels he rides 58000km around the world and documents his experiences.

In the latest one he repeats the journey 25yrs later at the age of 72 to see how the world has changed.

An amazing story but also saddening.

Its the books that inspired Ewan McGregor's Long way round and Long was down documentaries.

Now back to my Bourne books. On number 10 of 12.

Im starting with "Die Buffel Struikel" now.A story of 32 Battalion and its people. Will take a while with reading in Dutchie but these books interest me incredibly. Also reading a Dean Koontz (What The Night Knows), havent done that in years.

I also started a book thread some years back and there were a lot of great suggestions there as well, seems its gone now, or at least I couldnt find it.

I am also a determined reader and read at least two books a week, these days I use a Kindle but Amazon makes a fortune out of me.

I seldom read Fiction but over the holidays I read a few of the Jeremy Clarkson books, very light easy reading but worth a chuckle or two, however I just finished "When breath becomes air" by Paul Kalanithi, I bought it a few weeks back but was avoiding it due to its rather sad topic, Cancer, however I tackled it last week and it was excellent.