Touring suggestion?

Sepia

How was the trip?

Did not go.  Picked up an ear infection, antibiotics and much pain.

Edited by Sepia

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm going to be doing an unsupported 3 day bikepacking ride at a leisurely pace in the PMB area from he 19-21st of March and would like to extend the invite to anyone who would be keen to join. The majority of the route will be on dirt and I will be camping for the two nights Summary of the route is as follows: PMB-Karkloof-Nottingham Road-PMB. . 

Day 1 (19 March): Cascades parking lot - Bushwillow Caravan park (~60 km)

Day 2: (20 March): Bushwillow Caravan Park - Glensheiling Caravan park (~53 km)

Day 3: (21 March): Glensheiling caravan park - Cascades parking lot (~68 km)

Give me a shout if you keen to join and I will send you a copy of planned route

Justin

Justin that looks awesome. I would love to attend but the Berg100 is that weekend... please keep us updated and circulate pictures of the weekend. It looks like a great route.

If you plan one later in the year let us know.

Justin that looks awesome. I would love to attend but the Berg100 is that weekend... please keep us updated and circulate pictures of the weekend. It looks like a great route.

Will do. You welcome to get dropped off at Karkloof on the way back from the berg100 and join us for days 2 and 3 :drool: .   

Edited by GingNinj

Justin can join us on the Berg100 and then we ride back to PMB from Himeville...

Justin can join us on the Berg100 and then we ride back to PMB from Himeville...

Sounds like a plan Ryan... I'll start in Notties early Sat morning and meet you racing snakes in himeville.Could camp at Cobham on Sat night1? Head back towards pmb on day 2 and camp in the Dargle area (~75km) and then via howich to PMB on day 3? Will use the R350 that I would have paid for the Berg100 entrance to buy a round of drinks in himeville rather  :thumbup:

Hi All

Our Magalies trip is happening on the weekend of 4-6 March if anyome still want to join

300Km round trip from Pta, Harties, Rustenburg, Magalies and back, bike packing

Leaving the Friday Morning and back sunday afternoon

GingNinj, that would be awesome. I'll bring a few milk stouts when you organise the next tour.

I believe that Ryan one has one pace and that's flat out.... we can get him to tow us!

Have problems reading maps and even bigger issues with the GPS, Old school. New technology absolutely slays me. It does not help if I went to a bum school...............educational status lacking big time.

rubbish man, maps are logical. Learn the basics and just practice.

I've taught many people navigation and the only ones who can't do it are the ones who don't want to.

rubbish man, maps are logical. Learn the basics and just practice.

I've taught many people navigation and the only ones who can't do it are the ones who don't want to.

Think so?

I have my sea going ticket and passed my Nav exam at Granger Bay.

Still can't read the GPS correctly.  *** teacher or student, maybe both.

Sometimes I might as well not have it.

There you are then........

Edited by Sepia

GingNinj, that would be awesome. I'll bring a few milk stouts when you organise the next tour.

I believe that Ryan one has one pace and that's flat out.... we can get him to tow us!

*** man... Where do you hear such rumours!  :whistling:

bud I have a tow rope with your Niner's name on it... ehehehehehheheeh

After my ride on Sunday I am a little broken. We definitely need to set this up. My only concern is camping. Do they not have rooms we can sleep in? the idea of dragging a tent around eludes me...   

I don't mind dragging a sleeping bag around but a tent... bleh.... or If they have beds even better... then even less to carry... I am lazy like that...

bud I have a tow rope with your Niner's name on it... ehehehehehheheeh

After my ride on Sunday I am a little broken. We definitely need to set this up. My only concern is camping. Do they not have rooms we can sleep in? the idea of dragging a tent around eludes me...   

I don't mind dragging a sleeping bag around but a tent... bleh.... or If they have beds even better... then even less to carry... I am lazy like that...

I'm more than likely taking a tarp and hammock.

Roll up foam mattress and sleeping bag will be fine  :thumbup: