139 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in participating in a weight loss competition

• Yes
    • Perhaps
    • Where's my cake?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all have our moments of weakness. I had some cake at my daughters birthday party. Sorry, cakes.

Cupcakes of cakes?

Trouble is that when I "haak uit" I do it properly! 

Cakes....

I have the same issue. If I go off track, I do it properly. I feel terrible afterwards, but sometimes it's good to pig out, as long as it's the exception and not the rule

We all have our moments of weakness. I had some cake at my daughters birthday party. Sorry, cakes.

how old are you?

i take it still young... if you are still eating cake with your kids they must be the same age as my grand kids.

something i have learnt about weight loss...in my 20s and 30s i never had a weight problem...i ate like a pig and smoke 20 - 30 cigarettes a day...and drank like a fish and some.

then i stopped smoking...and got fat...really fat...turned 40 and decided to loose weight...1 month on a high protein diet i lost 10 kg...then went over to weighless and lost another 20 in 3 months....did a 5 km walk every morning eating the same amount recommended by weighless and it stayed off you years.

then i stopped walking...started enjoying steers burger chips and a coke...got fat...really fat again...turned 50 and decided to take up cycling....22 months and 10 000 km of cycling later i still havent dropped below 100 kg...could i be right in saying the older you get the more difficult it is to loose weight? thats the story i am sticking to ;)

Riding Berg and Bush the next 3 days let's see how that goes on my protein diet .... carbs on the bike of course!

how old are you?

i take it still young... if you are still eating cake with your kids they must be the same age as my grand kids.

You're probably right in that the older you get the harder it becomes. But then diet just becomes so much more important. Exercise plays a small roll in my opinion. When I was in my 20's doing triathlons and training 6 days a week I never dropped below 83kg. Now I'm 47 and riding once or twice a week I'm 80kg. Purely through eating properly.

something i have learnt about weight loss...in my 20s and 30s i never had a weight problem...i ate like a pig and smoke 20 - 30 cigarettes a day...and drank like a fish and some.

then i stopped smoking...and got fat...really fat...turned 40 and decided to loose weight...1 month on a high protein diet i lost 10 kg...then went over to weighless and lost another 20 in 3 months....did a 5 km walk every morning eating the same amount recommended by weighless and it stayed off you years.

then i stopped walking...started enjoying steers burger chips and a coke...got fat...really fat again...turned 50 and decided to take up cycling....22 months and 10 000 km of cycling later i still havent dropped below 100 kg...could i be right in saying the older you get the more difficult it is to loose weight? thats the story i am sticking to ;)

Bottom line: you can't out-exercise a bad diet. I weighed 130 2½ years ago. I'm on 98 at the moment. No crazy/special diets. No soda, no sugar. Lots of blood, sweat and tears on the bike. When I got out of the army 26+ yrs ago I was a lean 90kg (I am 1.94m tall). If I can get down to 95 I'll be happy. Anything remotely close to 90 will be a bonus.

If you haven't been eating clean for all 22 months then it doesn't really count.

I had that mentality initially when I started cycling, I rode but didn't lose a single kilo. Then changed my eating and it started coming off.

We also need to be consistent at it, make it a lifestyle then maintain it.

So we got a scale last night. I have lost 3.5kg since we arrived. And about 6kg since I started the detox a while ago. I'm quite happy with myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Still sub 80kg (79.5). Happy with this. Weight has been pretty stable the last month.

I completely forgot that I promised to track my food on here, whoops

So, yesterday, I was aiming for 1400 calories as it was a non-training day.

I don't eat breakfast or lunch as it makes it easier to control my binge eating. I do however get all 3 meals in, I just eat them all after 5 p.m.

In order to hit my caloric goals, I had 1 cup of oats with a slice banana, and a fairly large dinner consisting of 2 potatoes worth of fries, 1 sweet potato sliced up and 2 tuna burgers.

If we were to break this down into a 3 meals you could eat the oats for breakfast, banana as mid morning snack, sweet potato and tuna salad for lunch and the tuna burger and fries as dinner. Not so little food at all

post-68382-0-42266000-1476771101_thumb.jpg

I completely forgot that I promised to track my food on here, whoops

So, yesterday, I was aiming for 1400 calories as it was a non-training day.

I don't eat breakfast or lunch as it makes it easier to control my binge eating. I do however get all 3 meals in, I just eat them all after 5 p.m.

In order to hit my caloric goals, I had 1 cup of oats with a slice banana, and a fairly large dinner consisting of 2 potatoes worth of fries, 1 sweet potato sliced up and 2 tuna burgers.

If we were to break this down into a 3 meals you could eat the oats for breakfast, banana as mid morning snack, sweet potato and tuna salad for lunch and the tuna burger and fries as dinner. Not so little food at all

Unfortunately for me if I just looked at those fries and rolls I'd put on 2kgs  :cursing:

Unfortunately for me if I just looked at those fries and rolls I'd put on 2kgs  :cursing:

Doesn't matter what you eat, if you're eating less then what you're expending, you're going to lose weight.

Get in the habit of tracking you calories and macros and watch the weight drop

Start here

http://www.iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Use the calorie and macros calculated for cutting

Track you meals here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

What I do and I believe it helps, is to add meals to MFP as soon as I get to the office and have my first meal. That way, I can plan exactly what I need to eat in order not to go over my goal

I agree with you partydave.  Tracking is important, and it gives you a great idea what you are stuffing your face with. 

my only problem, is that I tend to not log the cookies that I sneak in.... :ph34r:

Archived