Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

If sport was mega important..I would use one of the paid services where you pay like 10 quid for the Eurosport and sky streams

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you have DSTV can you not use your code to stream for free from DSTV ... ?

Can't recall the details, but I know it is something along those lines 

Yes, DSTV comes with up to 4 devices in use simultaneously. SO get you auntie or granny's account details.

It's just a pity Mobdro doesn't stream HD.

Hi Guys, 

New to the Kodi app, and loving it so far. Just been streaming through a tablet, but looking to get the Mygica android box. 

Anyone used one, that can comment. 

I have used various android boxes and they are all quite similar in performance.

A little fiddly at times but they get the job done.

Is anybody else battling with streams buffering recently? I have checked available line speed and that is fine. (between 7-10,5 Mb/s) Buffering is happening in Exodus, SALTS, Phoenix, RedBull TV and Mobdro so I wouldn't say that it is any program in particular. Thought that there may be an issue with international connections at the moment. It's starting to get really irritating and I am looking at going back to downloading series again....

Is anybody else battling with streams buffering recently? I have checked available line speed and that is fine. (between 7-10,5 Mb/s) Buffering is happening in Exodus, SALTS, Phoenix, RedBull TV and Mobdro so I wouldn't say that it is any program in particular. Thought that there may be an issue with international connections at the moment. It's starting to get really irritating and I am looking at going back to downloading series again....

I have been solid and running a 6mb line on the best of days. Occasional buffer, but nothing noteworthy. Using Exodus 99.9978% of the time.

I have been solid and running a 6mb line on the best of days. Occasional buffer, but nothing noteworthy. Using Exodus 99.9978% of the time.

Thanks. We can't get through anything at the moment without buffering every couple of minutes... Even RedBull TV has a few glitches as it adjusts the stream quality based on available speed.

we have been having international speed issues with afrihost at the office..and I have had occasional speed issues at home recently  - ispafrika

I think MTN is busy imploding

we have been having international speed issues with afrihost at the office..and I have had occasional speed issues at home recently  - ispafrika

I think MTN is busy imploding

My home ISP is Afrihost.... and now that you mention it, I have been battling a bit with WhatsApp messages going through (MTN) or maybe it's just the cr@p S5 Mini that I am using at the moment....

Yes also battling a bit. Especially with sports TV streams on Sunday. I see cfcjim mentioned the Seacom cable.

Edited to add:

MWEB and Vumatel Fibre

Edited by travisza

Afrihost claim they dont use seacom

They do, but are not completely reliant on its service. From their website:

Global Connectivity

We have improved our international capacity to multi-Gbps connections on the WACS, Seacom, EASSy, Sat-3 and SAFE cables. The Durban IPC breaks directly onto EASSy while Johannesburg and Cape Town's IPC traffic is routed onto a guaranteed multi-Gbps WACS cable.

They do, but are not completely reliant on its service. From their website:

Global Connectivity

We have improved our international capacity to multi-Gbps connections on the WACS, Seacom, EASSy, Sat-3 and SAFE cables. The Durban IPC breaks directly onto EASSy while Johannesburg and Cape Town's IPC traffic is routed onto a guaranteed multi-Gbps WACS cable.

when I asked them why there was no notification of the problem - this was there response to me:

That is because we do not rely on the Seacom infrastructure at all

you can never know can you  - lol

Edited by Stretch

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking ... anyone managed to load Kodi on an iPad without going the jailbreak route?