Let me introduce KODI to you...

Johnstoneighty6

It's not necessarily an Android TV, I think it's probably the Opera OS.

I believe there is an Opera App Store but it is limited.

I expect the plugin is Flash/NPAPI and the TV's browser only supports HTML5.

You could try VLC media player, there is a version for Opera browser but I'm not sure if it's available for Opera TV. You'll have to go to the Opera Store via your TV.

I hope that makes some kind of sense (no pun intended...).

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else that use a valid Eurosport player subscription in combination with a VPN? If yes, is it still working?

I use ExpressVPN + the Eurosport app subscription on both the PC/browser and mobile. The PC+browser is still working, while the Eurosport Player mobile app start to give me the dreaded "Eurosport Player is not supported in this country" message after  updating to V6+ from here:

https://apkpure.com/eurosport-player/com.eurosport.player

It would be nice if someone can confirm it is still working for them?

Anybody else that use a valid Eurosport player subscription in combination with a VPN? If yes, is it still working?

I use ExpressVPN + the Eurosport app subscription on both the PC/browser and mobile. The PC+browser is still working, while the Eurosport Player mobile app start to give me the dreaded "Eurosport Player is not supported in this country" message after updating to V6+ from here:

https://apkpure.com/eurosport-player/com.eurosport.player

It would be nice if someone can confirm it is still working for them?

Got it sorted, to late for the stage finish. The Eurosport player now also use the location services to confirm your region, so you need to spoof that on top of using the VPN. There are free tools to do that.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Got it sorted, to late for the stage finish. The Eurosport player now also use the location services to confirm your region, so you need to spoof that on top of using the VPN. There are free tools to do that.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I expected that would happen at some stage. The old way was to force google dns which as easy enough to route to nowhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Kodi member for 4 years now. What works the best for me is Real Debrid, stream hub integrated with Trakt. Currently on Webafrica.Steam HD video and audio.very rare do I get a crappy source and overall works like a bomb. Utilise about 250gb a month but son contributes with YouTube on his mobile.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

aaah the joys of free to air satellite. Just bought myself a small receiver for 45 Euros that will receive all the Free to Air channels - Basically all the British channels 

sports wise - i will be able to get whatever is playing on those channels as well as the FreeSports channel (which is nothing special) so will still have to go for kodi for that. But for no cost to basically get most content I need - I am pretty happy with that once off cost. Can also connect a hard drive and PVR if I want to - which may well negate the need for a vpn and streaming through the iplayer. 

here is the little bugger i bought

http://www.freetv.ie/hd-satellite-receiver/

I have TerrariumTV on my android box, works well.  Only thing annoying is that when watching a series and the link is dropped, does not give you the option for resuming from that point.

Have you tried installing Terrarium TV For PC without Bluestacks?

I have TerrariumTV on my android box, works well.  Only thing annoying is that when watching a series and the link is dropped, does not give you the option for resuming from that point.

YEAH but Sharper, i think the above link is a spam link, look at the location, the user, and post count number... I would be very hesitant to click on the link.. 

aaah the joys of free to air satellite. Just bought myself a small receiver for 45 Euros that will receive all the Free to Air channels - Basically all the British channels

sports wise - i will be able to get whatever is playing on those channels as well as the FreeSports channel (which is nothing special) so will still have to go for kodi for that. But for no cost to basically get most content I need - I am pretty happy with that once off cost. Can also connect a hard drive and PVR if I want to - which may well negate the need for a vpn and streaming through the iplayer.

here is the little bugger i bought

http://www.freetv.ie/hd-satellite-receiver/

What direction do you point the dish in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What direction do you point the dish in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dish was already there and positioned from existing sky subscription.. But its the 28deg satellite apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming you were to by a Android TV box/media player today .. what would you say is the best bang for buck/quality

MXQ ? MyGiga?

Assuming you were to by a Android TV box/media player today .. what would you say is the best bang for buck/quality

MXQ ? MyGiga?

I'm also interested in the responses to this question. My WDTV Live is on its last leg, there hasn't been any software updates for over a year and WD has indicated that this model is no longer supported.

I'd be keen to get an Android box, or alternatively build a mini PC

I'm also interested in the responses to this question. My WDTV Live is on its last leg, there hasn't been any software updates for over a year and WD has indicated that this model is no longer supported.

I'd be keen to get an Android box, or alternatively build a mini PC

suppose the Right alternative depends on your needs..

Personally I'm Running a Raspberry Pi 3 with a added WiFi dongle ( On-board WiFi just not good enough),and running LibreElec for my Kodi OS.. this works well and can stream great, but you are limited to just Kodi as opposed to the Android Boxes which offer other alternatives as well.

I am Also Running a Media Server At home, which for now is a old laptop running Linux, Using Sonarr and Radarr for my media Organization, but plan to upgrade to this at the end of the Month.

If you do get an android Box, get as Much Ram as you can Afford, as well as the newest Android Version, the Newer Versions of Kodi need at-least 2 GB of Ram to run, and some of the Older versions of Android, the Kodi is not Upgrade-able,

suppose the Right alternative depends on your needs..

Personally I'm Running a Raspberry Pi 3 with a added WiFi dongle ( On-board WiFi just not good enough),and running LibreElec for my Kodi OS.. this works well and can stream great, but you are limited to just Kodi as opposed to the Android Boxes which offer other alternatives as well.

I am Also Running a Media Server At home, which for now is a old laptop running Linux, Using Sonarr and Radarr for my media Organization, but plan to upgrade to this at the end of the Month.

If you do get an android Box, get as Much Ram as you can Afford, as well as the newest Android Version, the Newer Versions of Kodi need at-least 2 GB of Ram to run, and some of the Older versions of Android, the Kodi is not Upgrade-able,

Thats what I was thinking too. Need it to be sightly future proof of spending that kind of money.

I see GeeWizz has it too (https://www.geewiz.co.za/media-players/57218-h96-pro-plus-smart-tv-box-amlogic-s912-octa-core-3gb-ram-32gb.html?search_query=h96&results=1) but its the Android 6 version (although it has more ROM). Also its on back order so their is a wait period.

http://www.androidtvplayer.co.za/home/21-h96-pro-plus-android-71.html has it slightly cheaper. Has anyone used this online store before ?

Edited by Griffin