Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

Well if its any consolation,it seems KE at the height of his prowess was then apparently clean ...(?)

and he has been through some hectic injuries, I mean how many of us had to have had to have two blood transfusions in ICU in order to live? If he did willingly disregard the fact that he could not get a TUE for his Ozone treament, perhaps he should have been open and transparent about that at the time, or simply not race. TUE are a touchy topic, remember Chris F rather rode sick that get one in the latest TdF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure I read somewhere that Strava was believed to be one of the causes of a spike in doping amongst non-professional competitive cyclists... :whistling:

Edited by Tumbleweed

Again I wasn't comparing local riders to international riders but rather recorded times up recognised climbs all over Europe.

I'm glad you can confidently say that doping is lower. Not sure what you base this on as evidence suggests that micro-dosing will go undetected and we're not even talking about the next level of gene doping.

Anybody who uses Strava knows times up climbs are only relevant if done in the same conditions, same freshness etc.

I base my statement on the fact that where policing is more prevalent the rules are followed closer. By your own admission they are only able to get away with it because they micro dose. They micro dose because they are tested a lot. I am saying hat locally people are tested less hence take bigger chances/doses etc.

It's a spectrum. No tour is clean, but I believe the World Tour is less dirty than a Tour that does not get policed as much.

Guest Lancesball

testosterone? anyone who knows anything about meds in sport knows that test, in any dose above TRT level, *detracts* from endurance ability, because it causes nasty sides like raised hematocrit, increased water retention - and cycling's all about power/weight ratio... Gotta love the armchair experts with nothing better to do than nitpick other dude's lives eh..

Agree with you, Nitpicking isnt your colour.

Anybody who uses Strava knows times up climbs are only relevant if done in the same conditions, same freshness etc.

I base my statement on the fact that where policing is more prevalent the rules are followed closer. By your own admission they are only able to get away with it because they micro dose. They micro dose because they are tested a lot. I am saying hat locally people are tested less hence take bigger chances/doses etc.

It's a spectrum. No tour is clean, but I believe the World Tour is less dirty than a Tour that does not get policed as much.

Nothing to do with Strava but with plausible human performance but let me not spit in the soup and go along with less dirty although nobody really believes that (unless you believe in miracles) 

A cynic would posit that more prevalent policing leads to more inventive cheating...

I've heard it said often that if you get bust in SA you are either really dumb or really, really unlucky.

Well if its any consolation,it seems KE at the height of his prowess was then apparently clean ...(?)

and he has been through some hectic injuries, I mean how many of us had to have had to have two blood transfusions in ICU in order to live? If he did willingly disregard the fact that he could not get a TUE for his Ozone treament, perhaps he should have been open and transparent about that at the time, or simply not race. TUE are a touchy topic, remember Chris F rather rode sick that get one in the latest TdF

Amazing how they race when sick. Aru had disentry just before the Giro and lost 5kg, still managed to take the White jersey. 

A cynic would posit that more prevalent policing leads to more inventive cheating...

I've heard it said often that if you get bust in SA you are either really dumb or really, really unlucky.

This...

And also I reckon the guys just get lazy every now and then and the testers get lucky  :lol:

Amazing how they race when sick. Aru had disentry just before the Giro and lost 5kg, still managed to take the White jersey. 

Is micro-dosing still considered doping...  :whistling:

Ag please man... Kevin Evans rode PE 2 Plett whilst he was in ICU

Funny how you can have two blood transfusions in ICU when you are racing PE to Plett at the same time.post-1769-0-73239800-1453296841_thumb.png

Don't forget that Froome raced when he was sick with bilharzia for like possibly most of his pro career...

testosterone? anyone who knows anything about meds in sport knows that test, in any dose above TRT level, *detracts* from endurance ability, because it causes nasty sides like raised hematocrit, increased water retention - and cycling's all about power/weight ratio... Gotta love the armchair experts with nothing better to do than nitpick other dude's lives eh..

The pros are nailed for test all the time , increased test will aid in recovery and lean muscle gain which helps, also the short estered testosterones are believed to retain less water and could also easily be stopped a few short weeks before competition and not be picked up. Test also increases red blood cell count, which is great for endurance.

Edited by Brickleberry