Kevin Evans accepts doping charge

Paulst12

My sincere worry is that in future cyclists who have a fair suspicion that someone is doping, will keep quiet, in stead of speaking up, for fear of getting abused themselves. This can only benefit the dopers. The code of enforced silence in the pro peloton has caused enough damage already . It must never be allowed to spread all over the sport like a plague.

Doping is unacceptable and harms not just the doper, but the whole sport as well. It has the potential to destroy professional cycling through the flight of sponsors, without which the sport will wither. It also takes away opportunities for young up and coming riders. Altogether a bad thing.

So, let me say this: I will not flame those who speak up in a responsible way. I will encourage them to take their suspicion (and proof if they have any), to SCA, SAIDS, WADA, the police, Medicines Control Council  etc. Doping should be stamped out by catching the cheaters, their suppliers, their coaches and their doctors and punishing them severely. Life bans, losing licences, serious fines and jail time should be used as a big stick! Informants should be celebrated and remunerated liberally as a carrot! 

We ALL should help! (My cheap 2c) :)  

Hope it's not too late.

To me competitive racing is already dead. Unless the cameras can spend more time on the mid to back end groups (where the real race is) I can't see that I'll ever be back. This is also just my personal opinion, maybe others still live in hope.

It's scary when the doping bust is more exciting than the race because, lets face it, the performance of the leaders is just so unbelievable.

Oh, yes!! We've even started watching slo-mo's of riders flicking "ON'OFF" buttons to hidden engines. Talk about unbelievable performance! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How awesome would an undercover "Point Break" type scenario be... all we need is a very fit competitive cycling cop unknown to the inner ring  :blush:

Hmm, can't work because for him to be competitive he would need to dope.

Just look at the abuse poor old Zayin and Julius got from most of the people on here, just imagine what will happen should a fellow cyclist speak up and voice their suspicions...

Exactly - it seems the sentiment from some hubbers is that speaking out without "proof" that you are going to take to a court of law is a far worse sin than actually doping.

I think drugs should be tested on cyclists before being declared safe to test on animals.   

nvm the drugs. i think they should test beauty products on cyclists before animals.

it would make for interesting race mornings

why are the cyclists the main target? Want about the manufacturers, Distributors?

Surely the monitoring of the effects on  performance are not done by the riders?

nvm the drugs. i think they should test beauty products on cyclists before animals.

got caught out did you?

why are the cyclists the main target? Want about the manufacturers, Distributors?

Surely the monitoring of the effects on  performance are not done by the riders?

Quite simple really....they keep those pharmacists, doctors and distributors in business....they are also in a career path where taking performance enhancing drugs is illegal and will have them facing a ban (which should be lifetime)

Quite simple really....they keep those pharmacists, doctors and distributors in business....they are also in a career path where taking performance enhancing drugs is illegal and will have them facing a ban (which should be lifetime)

prescribing PED's is not a crime. a pharmacist selling PED's is not a crime. a cyclist using PED's to cheat is illegal in the framework of cycling rules (but technically also not a crime)

prescribing PED's is not a crime. a pharmacist selling PED's is not a crime. a cyclist using PED's to cheat is illegal in the framework of cycling rules (but technically also not a crime)

Exactly what I said....but where you found the connotation to it being a crime....that puzzles me....

Exactly what I said....but where you found the connotation to it being a crime....that puzzles me....

I'm confused - where did i say that?

Aaaaaaah, so that's why the Euros start their races so bloody late in the day... :thumbup:

I'm confused - where did i say that?

I think its you thats confused :) I was explicitly stating that its NOT a crime. 

Exactly...your post came across as if you insinuated that I might have suggested it was a crime....that is why I asked where you found the connotation...