New-company boost for Morewood Bikes

News bot

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to say it but its my sentiment too. That being said, I only wish success for the lads at morewood. 

They really will have to think out of the box...and not along the lines of competing with PYGA

I agree with you. Any rivalry will probably only exist between consumers. Just offer competitive pricing to encourage locals to buy local. Pull off a frameset for 20k. There's no need to to reinvent the wheel to stay relevant. Hell Orange have stuck to simple SP designs and crude swingarms for the longest times and they're still kicking. Besides Morewood have already proven that they capable of more than that. 

Can't see myself buying a Morewood bike without a Morewood involved. Just doesn't sit right with me.

Can't see myself buying a Morewood bike without a Morewood involved. Just doesn't sit right with me.

I know right!

I would never buy a Merc now that Karl Benz or Gottlieb Daimler aren't part of the company anymore.  :ph34r: :lol:

But on a serious note, bear in mind that not all Morewoods (even pre Pat's departure) were designed exclusively by him. So yeah, if Fabien and crew come up with something awesome, I will definitely consider getting my hands on one.

I know right!

I would never buy a Merc now that Karl Benz or Gottlieb Daimler aren't part of the company anymore.  :ph34r: :lol:

But on a serious note, bear in mind that not all Morewoods (even pre Pat's departure) were designed exclusively by him. So yeah, if Fabien and crew come up with something awesome, I will definitely consider getting my hands on one.

You can afford a Merc and mountain bikes?

You can afford a Merc and mountain bikes?

Oh heck no! I used the word "consider" as in which organ should I sell?

Oh heck no! I used the word "consider" as in which organ should I sell?

Just checking if you were a baller. My Honda ballade says that I need to find rich people to sponge off.

Oooh yeah!

Will wait and see, hope it's not a "in name only" relaunch, wonder if the frames will still be Sa made or they'll go the Pyga route and farm it out to China?

A not insignificant part of the Morewood charm was "handmade in Pmb".

Just checking if you were a baller. My Honda ballade says that I need to find rich people to sponge off.

Honda Ballade... sheesh, I drive a panel van  :blush:

Anyone know where the factory has moved to, still in Pmb?

It moved to the Eastern Cape.

Honda Ballade... sheesh, I drive a panel van  :blush:

pppfffffttttt you are a high roller .....I sold my car many years ago and never replaced it because I never used the car thanks to commuting by bicycle (ok we have a household car, but this is a moot point :P)

pppfffffttttt you are a high roller .....I sold my car many years ago and never replaced it because I never used the car thanks to commuting by bicycle (ok we have a household car, but this is a moot point :P)

My panel van is used to commute a bunch of Morewoods... does that count?

post-10758-0-56148800-1454576568_thumb.jpg

(and yes beefy, one could say I'm a bit of a Morewood fan :ph34r:  :blush: )

My panel van is used to commute a bunch of Morewoods... does that count?

attachicon.gifPanel Van Commuting.jpg

(and yes beefy, one could say I'm a bit of a Morewood fan :ph34r:  :blush: )

Nice! And here's me with only 1. Ok it is a very special one...

It moved to the Eastern Cape.

That's interesting seeing they had the full operation previously running so smoothly in Pmb. No small thing getting the logistics of materials and service providers all running smoothly at a particular location. Maybe they burnt their bridges in Pmb in that regard, fresh start elsewhere the only option?

Nice! And here's me with only 1. Ok it is a very special one...

Oh yeah?! what did you get your hands on?