New-company boost for Morewood Bikes

News bot

I hope they get their act together. The Zula was such a good bike and still is but you never even see the 650b on the shop floor in SA .

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah?! what did you get your hands on?

Zula. In December. They did the build for me as well. It turned out very nice.

Zula. In December. They did the build for me as well. It turned out very nice.

Nice! One of the 27.5" Zulas?

As for my raggedy bunch, there is (as seen from front to back):

• Sukuma AM/enduro bike. Custom Paint job by myself and the factory.
  • "Zuliza" 4X prototype. 1 of 2 in existance. Built for Morewod team to compete in the 2012 Crankworx Les 2 Alps Dual Slalom
  • Makulu DH bike. Custom frame with longer, lower, front triangle and shorter read triangle than regular Makulus
  • Ndiza ST 4X bike. Only 3 of these in SA that I know of. Custom anodising and decals.

But yeah, I'd like to get my hands on one of the new Zulas and maybe put a 130-140mm form on, to run it as a trail bike.

And of course (like most), I'm hoping a longer travel 27.5" enduro bike is on the cards for the new releases. Then my Sukuma might find itself in the classifieds :lol:

I hope they get their act together. The Zula was such a good bike and still is but you never even see the 650b on the shop floor in SA .

I don't think Morewoods were ever really the 'off-the-shelf' type of bike. I think most were ordered as frames from their LBS, then built up. (In Europe built kits were offered0.

Although locally, some shops may have purchased frames and built them up to sell as complete bikes.

• "Zuliza" 4X prototype. 1 of 2 in existance. Built for Morewod team to compete in the 2012 Crankworx Les 2 Alps Dual Slalom
  • Makulu DH bike. Custom frame with longer, lower, front triangle and shorter read triangle than regular Makulus
  • Ndiza ST 4X bike. Only 3 of these in SA that I know of. Custom anodising and decals.

But yeah, I'd like to get my hands on one of the new Zulas and maybe put a 130-140mm form on, to run it as a trail bike.

And of course (like most), I'm hoping a longer travel 27.5" enduro bike is on the cards for the new releases. Then my Sukuma might find itself in the classifieds :lol:

Nice collection you have!

Mine is 27.5 with 120mm travel (front). I have a custom serial number (my name and surname) as well as bragging rights that I have the very last bike they built before the move and deal with Momsen. I have full XT (2x11) drive train & brakes. Cane Creek headset, Ritchey bars & saddle pillar. I'm loving it!

You need an mbuzi... I just happen to have one looking for a good home lol

You need an mbuzi... I just happen to have one looking for a good home lol

hahaha! I would like many additional Morewoods, including (but not limited to) a Kalula, a Zuza, a BMX, andan Enza.

But, I am in the process of emigrating to New Zealand, so my bike collection needs to remain fairly minimal until I get there.

Good luck with the sale though!

Nice collection you have!

Mine is 27.5 with 120mm travel (front). I have a custom serial number (my name and surname) as well as bragging rights that I have the very last bike they built before the move and deal with Momsen. I have full XT (2x11) drive train & brakes. Cane Creek headset, Ritchey bars & saddle pillar. I'm loving it!

Yip.. I also have the 27. 5 with 120mm amazing bike.. she loves to play.

Yip.. I also have the 27. 5 with 120mm amazing bike.. she loves to play.

Very fun bike to ride.

What fork do you have? I have the Rockshox SID XX.

Having not ridden a mountain bike before this one I have no real comparison.

Very fun bike to ride.

What fork do you have? I have the Rockshox SID XX.

Having not ridden a mountain bike before this one I have no real comparison.

I have rockshox Reba

I live my bike... and it has a lot more talent then what I do.. hence all the scars on my body. ..

First thing I told hubby when I got it was I was going to crash a lot because the bike just wants to go go go and wants to go down fast

Edited by Gen

Lol, it even comes with Hairy's very own old stem :)

LOL .... to add to this, you are moving from an Mbuzi to the Spaz Stumpy ... I briefly owned and Mbuzi and then moved onto a Stumpy :P

Bike looks good by the way, best wishes on the sale ..... will give it a little thought :)

hubmarket-77392-0-79046200-1454583261_me