New-company boost for Morewood Bikes

News bot

I even have an unused African buck name for the next model.

The Nyala

I think we should start naming bikes after politicians and mps. We can even theme them according to cabinet. For instance the gravity line can be named after finance ministers since they seem to be into rapid descents. I'm sure the Pravin and the Nene would be huge sellers while at least a few might be interested in the Van Rooyen. Oh and I forgot to mention that classic the Manuel.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should start naming bikes after politicians and mps. We can even theme them according to cabinet. For instance the gravity line can be named after finance ministers since they seem to be into rapid descents. I'm sure the Pravin and the Nene would be huge sellers while at least a few might be interested in the Van Rooyen. Oh and I forgot to mention that classic the Manuel.

The Van Rooyen will be a limited edition frame sets for use on weekends only

The Van Rooyen will be a limited edition frame sets for use on weekends only

Available for 3 days only before it is replaced by an older version.

This.

Targeting many of the latest PYGA offerings head on.

Yep, also see it that happening. But then if Pat is involved, why would help design something that will compete with his stable

Yep, also see it that happening. But then if Pat is involved, why would help design something that will compete with his stable

It wont I dont think....it will be for the 'entry level' (if there is something like that in riding still)...

So Pyga's go for R70k+ and other one can go for R30-R45k bracket....

I also knew thought there was some involvement from his side since I saw him post this ...

post-24697-0-97455900-1453786877_thumb.jpg

Edited by hayleyearth

Flip, this excites even me.  Pretty sure they'll get the design right, now I just hope they spec them smartly so that people like me with mouths to feed can do more than just complain about how expensive bikes have gotten!

Will be awesome if they can do a nice sub-R50k trail ripper with the basics in spec nailed

Flip, this excites even me.  Pretty sure they'll get the design right, now I just hope they spec them smartly so that people like me with mouths to feed can do more than just complain about how expensive bikes have gotten!

Will be awesome if they can do a nice sub-R50k trail ripper with the basics in spec nailed

Feeling you nic, I mean I almost bliksemed off my chair when I saw a new top of the line pike (in the hub review) goes for 17500 zars. It might have to be very basic spec the way the rand is going, lots of deore comps and OEM cockpit.

Oh well

I also knew thought there was some involvement from his side since I saw him post this ...

attachicon.gifmm.jpg

....mmmmm good observation there.

His choice of words seems like he isn't...If he was involved, surely he would have "seen", "be involved" with the new stuff from morewood.

Anyhow...speculation.

Feeling you nic, I mean I almost bliksemed off my chair when I saw a new top of the line pike (in the hub review) goes for 17500 zars. It might have to be very basic spec the way the rand is going, lots of deore comps and OEM cockpit.

Oh well

Ja look, I'll gladly ride a bike with deore drivetrain and a cheapish wheelset if they can just get the suspension right. A Pike RC or new 34.

Imagine they partner with Rapidé for components and rims...

I also knew thought there was some involvement from his side since I saw him post this ...

mm.jpg

That, I would say, is Pats humour and nothing more than a facetious chirp... ie: "What's taken so long?... No... Wait... I left..." Edited by Ryanpmb

Ja look, I'll gladly ride a bike with deore drivetrain and a cheapish wheelset if they can just get the suspension right. A Pike RC or new 34.

Imagine they partner with Rapidé for components and rims...

Ja broer, nothing wrong with deore...heavy, but those type of bikes tend to be porkers anyway so what the hell. At least it wear well too. They will have to think out of the box ito speccing the bikes if they are going to be successful. They are going to have to compete in the lower specced trance range, which is an insane value and capable bike.

....mmmmm good observation there.

His choice of words seems like he isn't...If he was involved, surely he would have "seen", "be involved" with the new stuff from morewood.

Anyhow...speculation.

Highly doubt he is involved. Edited by Ryanpmb