New-company boost for Morewood Bikes

News bot

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, also see it that happening. But then if Pat is involved, why would help design something that will compete with his stable

Eish - reading the thread backwards here catching up on comments lol. Did I miss were his involvement was mentioned.

Pat is friends with Victor and thus the ViPa co lab. Not so much with Carter...

Eish - reading the thread backwards here catching up on comments lol. Did I miss were his involvement was mentioned.

Pat is friends with Victor and thus the ViPa co lab. Not so much with Carter...

sorry, was my mistake...also dont know how I got to that

sorry, was my mistake...also dont know how I got to that

Ah. No worries. Thought I had missed it.

Going to be interesting. Watching in anticipation.

Yep, also see it that happening. But then if Pat is involved, why would help design something that will compete with his stable

Pat not involved, afaik. The "suspension designed by Pat" thing was a tongue in cheek chirp regarding the new bikes. Seeing as the only bikes that Morewood had were designed by him, and the ViPa was also his suspension design, the "collaborative effort" could in fact be using Pat's ViPa design to give them a "new suspension design" - therefore Morewood, still designed by Pat.

Probably nowhere near the truth, but still funny... 

Ja look, I'll gladly ride a bike with deore drivetrain and a cheapish wheelset if they can just get the suspension right. A Pike RC or new 34.

Imagine they partner with Rapidé for components and rims...

THIS. So much this. 

Suspension spec IMO far outweighs XT / SLX etc. Ridden Deore for aaaages before this and my previous bike, and nowt wrong with it at all.

Rapide are cheap as chips. And very good quality as well... 

Pat not involved, afaik. The "suspension designed by Pat" thing was a tongue in cheek chirp regarding the new bikes. Seeing as the only bikes that Morewood had were designed by him, and the ViPa was also his suspension design, the "collaborative effort" could in fact be using Pat's ViPa design to give them a "new suspension design" - therefore Morewood, still designed by Pat.

Probably nowhere near the truth, but still funny... 

yea...problem is, if they are serious about the overhaul, they would have to start from scratch, bikes / tech have changed alot in the last couple of years. A new coat of paint won't cut it me thinks. 

now I would love to see the Shova come back as a 27.5 trail ripping single pivot machine.

think longer TT

slacker HA & steeper ST angle

allow for taper head tube

stealth dropper routing

thru axel rear - with a 'new style' swingarm like the Zula / Izimu.

Threaded BB

Longer shock / stroke length (Lower leverage ratio)

damned I am getting excited just typing this.

Meh .... Much ado about nothing IMO.

All that's left of Morewood is the name.

If you want a Morewood engineered bike then buy a PYGA. 

I didn't want to say it but its my sentiment too. That being said, I only wish success for the lads at morewood. 

They really will have to think out of the box...and not along the lines of competing with PYGA

Meh .... Much ado about nothing IMO.

All that's left of Morewood is the name.

If you want a Morewood engineered bike then buy a PYGA.

I think there'll be a few people camping on this side of the fence. Could be the harsh reality.

I hope they do come right though. Nothing like some healthy competition... They used to be a pretty forward thinking operation. Sure Pat was involved, but so were others. I'm going to sit ON the fence for a while with this one.