Two cyclists killed in KZN

Vetseun

Isetech

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words.

My husband went out cycling this morning and I am grateful for his safe return.

My husband went to work on Friday (he works on the mine that collapsed in Barberton) and through fate, literal fate he was not at the site of the collapse missing it by minutes!

Guys, debating whether they should have been riding where they did this morning will not change the fact that 38 guys lives have been affected forever and 2 families are now grieving!

I wish you all strength and comfort during this extremely trying time!

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear isetech... You all need to talk to someone as this is going to impact you going forward.

I read things like this and you are reminded how impotent or traffic police really are... And that makes me mad... Really mad... Today sucks

It is so sad and tragic. May The deceased RIP. My deepest condolences to the faililies friends and cycling buddies.

I rode past there this morning... They were mowed down on the yellow line. Seems like the driver is blatantly guilty. Whether this is the M4 or any other road, whether cyclists are not allowed there ... Bla bla bla ... The fact that this happened in the emergency lane negates any debate about cyclist being allowed there. It could have happened on any other road.

Anyway... Makes me so so sad .

Dreadful news, reading this with a lump in my throat. So terribly sad especially when we all know it could be us. Such a amazing sport but got to the point of us taking our lives in our hands every time we go out due to drunken, vile excrement driving drunk. My sincere condolences to the families involved as well as the fellow cyclists that had to witness it.

Isetech

I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words.

My husband went out cycling this morning and I am grateful for his safe return.

My husband went to work on Friday (he works on the mine that collapsed in Barberton) and through fate, literal fate he was not at the site of the collapse missing it by minutes!

Guys, debating whether they should have been riding where they did this morning will not change the fact that 38 guys lives have been affected forever and 2 families are now grieving!

I wish you all strength and comfort during this extremely trying time!

Nice post. A deep fear of mine: my family being woken up on a Sunday morning by a telephone call from the Police...

RIP to the cyclists.

Our roads scare me with the prevalence of drunk driving in SA. (Amongst other peeves, cell phones)

Strength to the families and to the riding group.

RIP the two cyclists who lost their lives and all strength and comfort to their families. Very sad and tragic news to be receiving.

Been a very bad weekend for road cycling involving vehicles, death of a race participant yesterday in the Berge en Dale and now this. Makes me seriously reconsider going back to MTBing as my primary cycling, then have to deal with the criminal scum but chances of survival higher than the drunk driving/impatient drivers equivalent in a lethal vehicle!

Heard his wife was riding with him.

Yes his wife/girlfriend was riding in the front batch...they didnt know we were involved in the accident.

There are a lot of stories doing the rounds...I was riding in the group when Richard and Jared were hit from the back...just behind me...the best at what they do have been assigned to this incident...the entire area is cordoned off and every piece of evidence is being analyzed...the driver of the vehicle was on his knees next to Jared and I believe this is going to haunt him for the rest of his life...and I am sure he will also be punished accordingly.

There are lots of comments about us being on the M4...when I went up onto the bridge another cyclist was hit by a motor vehicle on the bridge...so on the M4 off the M4 it makes no difference...lets hope we can learn from this horrific incident.

I lost an old friend Jared and a new friend Richard today...RIP.

All of hub land mourns with you and your friends families.

Stay strong.