Constantia Greenbelt Trail news and updates

Bicyclegear

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Howard.. feeling guilty for not joining but thanks for your persistence!

Be sure to send in your comments pointing out how many bags of litter your drive has collected to date.. it will substantiate the discussion around responsibility the new users bring to the proposed areas.

PS, the point of the increase in litter is based on the increase of numbers on the trail. But what the formula cannot take into account is the difference a small group of socially conscious people make. Well done, think you should be first in line for the Happy Hubber environmental star.. !

Let me know when you got an hour free again we can catch up over some litter

Have a good weekend.

H

I'm happy to pitch in here... Brilliant idea

So the plan is you grab a Biking bud ,Select an area a pair of gloves a couple of bags and just go for it.Quite a fair bit of cleaning can be done in an hour.

Or you can Pm me as to when you are free for a hour and we can meet at one of the spots and do a litter run.

The Hot spots are all the tar road crossing/trail-heads ...Cape diver did the Trailhead @ Southern Cross Drive to Constantia Main Road...and Deon and myself have done the Firgrove Way Bridge corner a couple of times and i have done some of the lower Southern cross drive trail.
Thanks H

Hi Deon & Howard

Let me know if you go during this weekend and I'll join.

What?? Weekends were made for riding!  Oh, who am I kidding, I'll let you know. 

2 bags of rubbish collected this morning .Thanks to Michael who stopped to help near Peddlars.More rubbish to be collected near Peddlars and the riding school.What to do with rubbish collected?Luckily the chef at Peddlars accepted to rubbish and donated another plastic bag.

b3846f5cfd583d8ee78a5555dcadcbfc.jpg

First time on the trail, really enjoyed it.

There was someone just before it joins Rathfelder taking photos of all the cyclists and another Bloke writing stuff on a clipboard.

I of course smiled for the photo ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was someone just before it joins Rathfelder taking photos of all the cyclists and another Bloke writing stuff on a clipboard.

Hi there Interesting  about the guys recording the Riders which section exactly.

If you check Strava you'll see a steady, not massive increase in numbers on the green belts - sitting at just over a thousand a few days ago. 

The latest TMMTB Forum newsletter by Dave Bristow contains a reference to people "racing" down the green belt and how these trails were never meant for that and how "we know who you are". Nice.  

Will there be laser speed traps and tickets next?

If you check Strava you'll see a steady, not massive increase in numbers on the green belts - sitting at just over a thousand a few days ago. 

The latest TMMTB Forum newsletter by Dave Bristow contains a reference to people "racing" down the green belt and how these trails were never meant for that and how "we know who you are". Nice.  

Ja, that one.

Not that the greenbelt is the place for the forum to be commenting but it does have influence over future proposed trails within the Park. So yes and no. I see the point but at the same time the forum does not have it's stamp on the opening of the greenbelt, only the PPA (and CoCT) do. 

Hi there Interesting  about the guys recording the Riders which section exactly.

Here is the exact point, as I was going down, let it be know I was not flying, I was going as slow as you can with semi slicks on. 

Guy had a high vis jacket on

post-11806-0-74689300-1461060644_thumb.jpg

I came across an accident Saturday afternoon on one of the blind corners - two riders down - no serious injuries. Be careful out there guys!

It is not Friday yet but I am nursing a red-wine head on a Tuesday (I should know better at my age) and rapidly getting rid of my sense of humour  - so upfront apology and rant alert: I am getting fed up with how mtb options have deteriorated to the point where I now have to drive to the Far-North if I want to ride without being stabbed, be restricted to a garden dawdle or get reprimanded for speeding. The green belt trail is already not the most thrilling ride ever,  now I need to make sure I keep it nice and slow as well? Sorry guys had to get it off my chest after I was told by a mate that Tokai is even further in the never-never than I hoped. I can't help it, I am half a breath short of just saying F this and start riding wherever the hell I please. Hope not too many others are feeling as volatile as I am at the moment otherwise this is not going to end well.

I was told by a mate that Tokai is even further in the never-never than I hoped. 

Singletrack maybe..  :lol:

It is not Friday yet but I am nursing a red-wine head on a Tuesday (I should know better at my age) and rapidly getting rid of my sense of humour  - so upfront apology and rant alert: I am getting fed up with how mtb options have deteriorated to the point where I now have to drive to the Far-North if I want to ride without being stabbed, be restricted to a garden dawdle or get reprimanded for speeding. The green belt trail is already not the most thrilling ride ever,  now I need to make sure I keep it nice and slow as well? Sorry guys had to get it off my chest after I was told by a mate that Tokai is even further in the never-never than I hoped. I can't help it, I am half a breath short of just saying F this and start riding wherever the hell I please. Hope not too many others are feeling as volatile as I am at the moment otherwise this is not going to end well.

If that mate of yours was informed by a mail from our "friend" Noel, he's sorely misinformed. Despite Noel being "in the know" he actually doesn't know what's going on. 

If that mate of yours was informed by a mail from our "friend" Noel, he's sorely misinformed. Despite Noel being "in the know" he actually doesn't know what's going on. 

:D  Straight shooting is good  :D

Archived