Emperors Classic 2016 (road)

Dexter-morgan

Eina. Thats where part of mine was. Landed up White water rafting down the Vaal in fishnets and a Mankini. That was just the calm before the storm.

The white water rafting is planned. But I have made it clear that I'm not staying over and will offer my services as a driver if they want to go to a pub. That way they will want me sober. I hope, then spit braai for dinner , and then I will slip away into the night. Have waited all year for this race cos it's flat , can't throw it away on the eve of race day.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the words of a famous Aussie cricket commentator... The wind will be blowing out of the NW at 15 knots, and out of my a$$ at 20 ~ Ritchie Benaud

Here's the wind guru rating:

post-1372-0-47010000-1460118977_thumb.png

post-1372-0-05644700-1460118978_thumb.png

In the words of a famous Aussie cricket commentator... The wind will be blowing out of the NW at 15 knots, and out of my a$$ at 20 ~ Ritchie Benaud

Here's the wind guru rating:

attachicon.gifWindGuru4.PNG

attachicon.gifWindGuru5.PNG

4-5 knots ... about 8 to 10km/h..... enough to make things interesting I would think....?

4-5 knots ... about 8 to 10km/h..... enough to make things interesting I would think....?

On this flat route I would like it if it picks up to about 20-30km/h. Gutter fest.

I tried the high 5 iso gel this weekend in the cradle and must say I was impressed. So quick and easy to get down and provided just enough boost for the last 30km's.

Doubt we getting those though. Is it just those small electrolyte tablet things?

not that I say its not good. Just prefer USN as it is the only product that works for me but did lately also start to use Powerbar gels

I can do with that. Have raced in much worse.

dont think we will easily experience 2015 Meals on wheels wind again!! Raced in CPT for 3 years when I was much younger and never even experienced it in a race, except training rides

dont think we will easily experience 2015 Meals on wheels wind again!! Raced in CPT for 3 years when I was much younger and never even experienced it in a race, except training rides

Remember that day @ Meals on Wheels. Was really a tough day out. But you were strong on your MTB pulling the groups along when I caught up with you. 

Jeez Ja that was insane. Rivaled Argus 09.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Looks like I am out of this race. My son was born earlier the morning so family comes first.

Looks like I am out of this race. My son was born earlier the morning so family comes first.

Big congrats pal. Good man. Hope all is well. Plenty of time to put in the hours between now and 6:30 tomorrow morning though????

Congratulations Zatek. May your child be a blessing to you and your family! 

Zatek is breeding more members for our team :)

Congrats buddy!!

Good luck to everybody tomorrow, it's going to be fast so be safe!

Did a recce of the last 8km today.  All the potholes were filled, so one less thing to worry about :thumbup:

Happy, but also sad as I was hoping the potholes would slow the VA monsters down so I could try hold on.... :)

Archived