Cyclist "hits" back (More than once)

FootballingCyclist

Killing someone for robbing you of your bike is a bit rough. I'm not condoning the crime, but two wrongs doesn't make a right. 

I disagree! Until some good looking well dressed gangsters holds a gun to your chest and a knife to your throat, you might think differently....Ask me I know!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I killed a man once.....the year was 2004....I was walking along the streets and three cars came to a screeching halt from all directions.....next thing I hear gunshots and people screaming....before I could run a guy grabs me and puts a knife to my neck....I shot him....and ran.....the city was San Andreas.....

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Good on you cyclist.. I honestly hope you are sleeping well and not suffering from some post traumatic stress as a result. I imagine you were defending yourself from an attack, and succeeded. Well done. Anybody trying to make as if you did the wrong thing probably dont understand the position you were put in.

Sorry you were put in this position and maybe now we have one less person out there trying to take advantage of others.

You have the majority support here I am sure.

Pretty sure I saw this on Saturday afternoon around 3ish I think?

post-27911-0-88305700-1457100199_thumb.jpeg

It may be anarchy and vigilantism, but I dont care.  These criminal elements can be taken out, screw the bleeding heart "what if it happened to you" types.  Will also magically cure those who always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

EDIT:  No idea why the pic is upside down, I certainly wasn't driving on my roof.

Edited by Simon123

I killed a man once.....the year was 2004....I was walking along the streets and three cars came to a screeching halt from all directions.....next thing I hear gunshots and people screaming....before I could run a guy grabs me and puts a knife to my neck....I shot him....and ran.....the city was San Andreas.....

And I thought I was the only one who'd done this....

The problem with sitting in a jail cell...even when others sharing the cell realize that all the blood is not from you...you pretty screwed...literally.

it is better to run ...but when it comes to family your instinct to protect kicks in.

If you dont kill...best you have a flippen good lawyer and loads of cash.

A word of advice...never use excessive force to protect yourself...by this i mean...if you shoot...stab...kick or punch...try to keep it to a max of twice...easier said than done...especially if it was a family member you are protecting.

Insure the bike and let it go.

Be interested to see if this is true, weird how its not in the news anywhere considering the method of the man succumbing to his injuries was rather sensational.....and a cyclist was involved.

Be interested to see if this is true, weird how its not in the news anywhere considering the method of the man succumbing to his injuries was rather sensational.....and a cyclist was involved.

Your last 5 words = NAIL ON HEAD. Media will take anything where we involved and use it to make us seem like we worse than scum.

It will be interesting to see if more of this story comes out.

As it reads currently, there wasn't any "murder" committed. The cyclist didn't set off on his bike ride with the intention of murdering someone. 

It looks like what happened was that the cyclist became the victim of a violent crime. Sadly not an altogether unheard of event in current day South Africa. At some point the cyclist appears to have got the upper hand over this particular criminal and in the fight that ensued, killed the criminal by means of repeated blows to the head.

Not too many of us (and certainly not me, thankfully) have been in the position of having to fight, literally, for your life, or for the lives of those you love. If I or mine were threatened in any way and I had to fight by whatever means necessary to save mine/our lives I'm afraid I could not guarantee that I would be able to stop myself at the exact point where I had done enough, but not too much. Calculating situations is easy from behind a laptop. At the side of the road if you think you're gonna die? That's another story.

As I said, will be interesting to hear the whole story if it comes out.

Reading this post and the the post by Scotty brought back terrible memories from my bike jacking in 2009.

I want to share the photo of my face after the assault to illustrate that these guys are sometimes not just happy to take your bike and let you go.

Four guys assaulted me. Hit me with a pole in the face and I fell off the bike. I initially did not resist and gave up my (brand new) bike and Camelbak.

The four of them then told me: " We are going to drag you to the bushes to kill you"

I resisted but I did not have the strength or skills to make any impression.

They hit me with a boulder in the face, dragged me to the bushes and tied me up for 3 hours.

I've experienced a warm calmness and I could feel the presence of God.

I've had a total of 4 surgeries to try to repair my nose but I am still experiencing problems with it.

Would I have killed if I had the opportunity? Difficult to say but I pray that I never have to go through that ordeal again.

post-4407-0-81541700-1457204697_thumb.jpeg