[Event] Die Burger MTB Challenge

Dirtopia MTB Events

My son will be among that first group in the 42.  It is usually a mad dash that first km.  In the Grabouw Trailseeker he dropped his chain in that first km.  In the time it took him to fix the problem, 10 riders passed him and he never saw them for the rest of the race.

Tell him to look for the fat oom on his anthem. I will be in a wannabee club shirt. I also started in the grabouw one in the first batch, was dorpped within a few hundred (probably first hundred.) meters... :blush:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flu got me good and solid, so I am out - not sure if I should be happy or sad, that is looking at all the rain still to fall in the area.

And it's raining again. Mud will definitely be the order of the day.

Sunday muddy Sunday

We are all gonna look like we've been for extrnded mud pack spa treatments. Mudguard essential, carry extra water to clean drivetrain ....

Selling my entry for the 60km R200

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Goodluck everyone, yesterday was my first time on the bike in 4 weeks, im in for a big pakslae today.

Jirre, I was shivering in that misty weather before the start. Off course, when we left home, the sun was shining, so I took nothing warm with me.

So it was a great day of biking and mud scating.. but one thing that was sad to see was the damage done by the fires..

I forgot how demanding the 75K could be! Picked up mud and it screwed around with my NW chainring. Got a boost of energy after my wife and daughter cheered me on at Weltevrede. I really love that hill up the other side of the R304, overtook plenty of folks with my noisy chainring up there. It does help that I regularly ride it to get into Bottelary.

Anyone who did the 50km? How was the new ST on the hill accross from Spier? We want to integrate it into some kind of trail network so that it stays in use throughout the year.

I see there are some odd results in the 42km. It would seem that there are quite a few boys that were supposed to start in the L batch, that started in the J batch.

I asked my boy that started in the L batch if he saw any of them, and he said no, he did not see them. All of them know each other well since they race against each other in the XCO and Spur School MTB races.

Edited by Moridin