A few things from today which has a sour taste: Ariane has a mechanical and the hub manages to pin point it on another thread to her divorce and not being mentally 100%. Really? 

Never heard so much drivel. 

Whats with the ladies being allowed to draft the other age groupers? So they have their own start, but as soon as the age groupers come by its a "tempo ride" .  So there is no real reason for their own start? They just sit up and wait for the men, because if you were to hammer and open up a gap, you know the ladies behind you will just sit on the wheel and ride "tempo". As at most UCI events, if you are caught by a different age group, let them pass and  give them a gap. - Same thing happened at the Cycle Tour.

She very rarely trained with Eric.

She mostly did her own training according to her coach's instructions.

Like I said, uninformed speculation, and in this case unfounded.

I am really excited to see what happens in the next couple of days. I won't be surprised if the spez ladies pull off a huge day like they did last year after getting a time penalty.

Two days in and the De Groot- Stenerhag "OMG - we can't believe we're winning" show is already getting old. You've trained to win. You want to win. You are winning. Well done. Now stop playing up to the media and just flippen ride.

Not looking too good for Ariane this morning. Was standing halfway up the first big climb, 4 top ladies teams together,  Anika way in front and Ariane at the back of them all...

So loooong in fact that they won't get there this year ;)

Oh 

Hehehee

Well, man, ya know what I mean hey  :blush:

Cape Epic ‏@CapeEpic  10m10 minutes ago
RACE 8:40 #SasolEpicWomen WP1 times  @sabinespitz @TeamTopeakErgon @Team_Spur @Team_Ascendis @teammeerendal

post-271-0-94642100-1458025075_thumb.jpg

What I really like about all this conversation is the varied opinions and the response to them depending who you "think" you know......

Love it!

Anyway.....this is a long race and lots will still change. It is good for the race if it is exciting.