Dirtopia Enduro series kicks off at Delvera

News bot

I'm definitely psyched about the season. Apparently he's cutting a new first stage so hopefully he does away with the old short rocky stage, it is just a little too short to use.

I think that a reccy mission is required if u wanna push it on the day, I was out there a week ago and it was riding great. I may make a mission out that way on friday afternoon.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible to Spectate?   

Keen to get into enduro, so would be nice to check it out.  Have broken ribs at the moment, so cannot ride. :(

I'll have to decide on the eleventh hour.

If I rock up. You'll have to battle me for last place.

you won't be the only one gunning for last place

Yes! Amped. Going to be fun and the rain should at least have settled the dust. First race with my new bike. Hope I do not embarrass it.

Amped for the season... which is taking a bit long to get going.

Definitely not liking the price tag for each event.

Amped for the season... which is taking a bit long to get going.

Definitely not liking the price tag for each event.

Yeah the price has become a bit of an issue, it's double what I paid to race in kzn last year.

Come on dirtopia, drop your prices a bit.

At this pricing we going to have to get picky with events to attend when wpge release their dates, which is bad for both parties.

I hate to see what next year brings...... we may start seeing more private races popping up.

I think 150 for each event is fair.. that way all the enduros can be done...

I am already considering which races I should do... helderberg and contermans is a definite.

Swak to think this way...

Yeah look, organisers need to eat and pay the bills and everything got more expensive for them as well, so I certainly don't begrudge them their increase. 

I just literally can't afford to do all 5 Dirtopia races and then the 4 or 5 WPGE races in a year.  That's basically R3k to race, which I now realise doesn't even get you into a stage race, so I suppose still bang for buck.  However, good value doesn't always mean affordable.

I'll probably only be doing the Welvanpas enduro this year.  It's too good to not to.

Yeah look, organisers need to eat and pay the bills and everything got more expensive for them as well, so I certainly don't begrudge them their increase. 

I just literally can't afford to do all 5 Dirtopia races and then the 4 or 5 WPGE races in a year.  That's basically R3k to race, which I now realise doesn't even get you into a stage race, so I suppose still bang for buck.  However, good value doesn't always mean affordable.

I'll probably only be doing the Welvanpas enduro this year.  It's too good to not to.

Just as a matter of interest Nico. You can ride Welvanpas for R50 or free if you are a TBMC member, so why pay R350 to ride it?

Also entered for the hell of it. My rear shock isn't working so well, so hope to at least finish 2nd form last place seeing as there are so many gunning for last position.

Just as a matter of interest Nico. You can ride Welvanpas for R50 or free if you are a TBMC member, so why pay R350 to ride it?

Racing is still the most fun you can have with your clothes on.  It's a huge group ride with some bragging rights thrown in.  And Meurant usually opens some otherwise closed trails for his races. 

I'll be on my 26er Spaz Enduro - havent decided on the outfit yet :-)

I think organizing these races costs time and money so we can't begrudge the organizers their due but maybe a 20% increase is a bit steep. Once you factor petrol into the equation it becomes an expensive day or weekend out. 

So p-ed off, planned on entering yesterday (first had to make sure that I was going to be in town) and then all hell broke loose at work - totally forgot.

Will have to play on my own and wait for next round