RIFLE

mon-goose

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I had a great day doing some load development.

Howa 270

PMP once fired brass

Magnum primers

S361 powder

130gr sierra pro hunter bullets

Load 3 rounds in 0.5 gr increments from just above minimum recommended to just below maximum recommended

Recorded fps per load and then averaged the 3 rounds out. The took std deviation for the 3 rounds.

Attached is the data.

Groups were ok and good enough to start off with.

Load dev 02022020.xlsx

So I had a great day doing some load development.

Howa 270

PMP once fired brass

Magnum primers

S361 powder

130gr sierra pro hunter bullets

Load 3 rounds in 0.5 gr increments from just above minimum recommended to just below maximum recommended

Recorded fps per load and then averaged the 3 rounds out. The took std deviation for the 3 rounds.

Attached is the data.

Groups were ok and good enough to start off with.

Groups? Pictures?

Groups? Pictures?

trying to get them of my phone at the moment:) gmail giving me problems as I have to email them to myself at work, usb devices are blocked

Edited by mon-goose

• 2 weeks later...

So my weekend just kicked of with a serious BANG ! SAPS has just informed me that my shotgun licence has been approved.......Whoo-Hooooooo ! 

I Just spoke with my local DFO and he says waiting time for the card to arrive is around 4 weeks. My birthday is next month so it looks like I'm getting a lekke pressie.

So my weekend just kicked of with a serious BANG ! SAPS has just informed me that my shotgun licence has been approved.......Whoo-Hooooooo ! 

I Just spoke with my local DFO and he says waiting time for the card to arrive is around 4 weeks. My birthday is next month so it looks like I'm getting a lekke pressie.

very cool. Mine took just over a month from the time I got the sms to say approved to the day it was ready to collect.

I'm thinking of doing my shotgun competency license this year

What are you getting?