Bike framesets, who actually makes them?

Iceman.

There are 2 or 3 main carbon manufacturing facilities in Taiwan that do all the brands, I have seen photos taken by a friend who went to the BH "factory" only to find that Bianchi, Cervelo, BH, and I forget the last one but there were 5 premium brands coming out the back door...

and BTW the whole argument that Merida "owns" Specialized is no longer valid as Specialized were able to buy back the shares that Merida had bought, this happened around 2009/2010...the reasons for Merida buying shares was for the manufacturing as well as Specialized being in a bit of a financial squeeze at the time.

Well also no... Spez doesn't own any of Merida.... 

:ph34r:

So, if you are my father, i cannot be your son?

That's not a nice family, is it?

I'd rather ride a Merida than a Giant  :ph34r:

I'd rather ride a Merida than a Giant  :ph34r:

IS IT FRIDAY ALREADY?

Time make all their own frames in France and Trek make their higher end carbon frames in Wisconsin. Their lower end frames are also a product of the East.

So all those Spez Riders are actually riding a Merida's :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t: :w00t:  :w00t:  

And I have just realised that my Polo is actually a Bugatti :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

and my Colnago C59 is actually Italian

Edited by eddy

Just because they may come out of the same factory does not mean that they are the same quality. I have visited a number of Chinese manufacturers who are producing OEM items for the fitness industry with huge differences in quality depending who and what they are manufacturing for.