Why is buying just a Frame such an issue

Sidmouth

So this is where i'm at.

1-Momens, R29k But only in Large, no extra large,  a 3 year warranty

2-Pyga, ticks all the boxes, again 3 year warranty, like what is that in hours on the bike, 500, its surprising that its the SA companies that have the shortest warranties.

3-Santa Cruz, no stock in the country, I spoke to the rep at the Argus Expo, he recons the new frames should arrive August, they have improved the rear triangle and he recons wait for that, again, lifetime warranty and a crash warranty, the internations stand by their brands.

Like any of us will ride the same bike for longer than 3 years!!

Give guys at Outdoor Escape in sbosch a call regarding SC frames...and Pyga for that matter.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i was you i would hold off on buying a bike for now....after today and the constitutional court ruling amd the ramd bouncing back, we might just be back to R10 to the pound once the ZUPTA SAGA is over

P.S. i know its unrealistic but its noce to dream

#zuptasmustfall...andMTBprices

I had zero hassle getting a new frame. My old one snapped just before Midnight on New Years Eve, whilst going up to the top of the Soutpansberg to view the New Year  fireworks in the town and surrounding areas from above.

I decided that a On One Inbred was what I needed,  and ordered it online from the UK on the 2rd January , and rode the rebuilt bike on the 7th January.

No Issue, and the DHL component was about 50% of the total cost- I have been impressed with is responsiveness.      

Just to let the OP know; I was at Mike's Bikes in Greenside this afternoon and they have a Santa Cruz CC (large) frame in stock...

Have you asked your local giant dealer about a Giant Advanced Anthem frame?

A mate of mine bought a Trance Advanced frame a while ago, and another friend bought an Anthem late last year. It will make a great race bike, and probably cost way less than the swift, Santa and pyga's you've quoted.

Well here i a serious contender I forgot about,

for about R29K you can get this frame with a Kashima coated rear shock and headset

https://www.canyon.com/en/mtb/lux/f-lux-cf.html

You forgetting shipping cost still and that is not cheap and then still VAT on top of that. It's about 35k for the frame plus VAT and then you have to ad shipping still. You looking at over 40k for this bike shipped.

Buy a bloody Giant advanced frame you ex trek poser!

Then when you drop thiS other guys on the mountain jaunts it will sing just a little more for them :P

So this is where i'm at.

1-Momens, R29k But only in Large, no extra large,  a 3 year warranty

2-Pyga, ticks all the boxes, again 3 year warranty, like what is that in hours on the bike, 500, its surprising that its the SA companies that have the shortest warranties.

3-Santa Cruz, no stock in the country, I spoke to the rep at the Argus Expo, he recons the new frames should arrive August, they have improved the rear triangle and he recons wait for that, again, lifetime warranty and a crash warranty, the internations stand by their brands.

you can also get  a Gaint Anthem Advanced x for about R 28k , they have a life time warranty 

Giant is without doubt a very responsible choice, it ticks all the boxes I just don't like there CX mountain bikes, at this point i'm going Canyon LUX

Giant is without doubt a very responsible choice, it ticks all the boxes I just don't like there CX mountain bikes, at this point i'm going Canyon LUX

At least it is a sexy frame with classic lines!

http://mtbs.cz/media/2014/02/07/CanyonLuxCF_celk1_cl.jpg

What do you mean by "CX mountain bike"? CX is cyclo-cross.

CX is also known as Cross country, so yes it can get confusing. but on this thread its Cross country 

Archived