Van Gaalens Shooting

fabes

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HKGK, if it is so!!!!

That would be a "bit" of a life changer shooting an animal in front of customers including children.

Here's their side of the storypost-44041-0-18907300-1459964823_thumb.jpegpost-44041-0-14675600-1459964837_thumb.jpeg

The responses ... Sjoe. If they did indeed shoot the dog for whatever reason in front of guests, that would be totally stupid.

HKGK, if it is so!!!!

That would be a "bit" of a life changer shooting an animal in front of customers including children.

Ya biggest brain fart ever

They could have done it in a better manner, out of the eye of children.  If it was really required to shoot them, I am sure they could have used a small caliber rifle with a silencer from a longer distance, or maybe waited for someone to bring trapping cages.

Now they can start marketing a cheese with a more robust smell and taste.

Dead Dog Cheese

UNI

I'm not on Facebook I take it there is another side to the story??

As their side says "incorrectly reported on social media" curious if you had time to fetch a shot gun surely you had time to get customer and kids away, I would hate to let my kids be exposed to something like that,

Again not on Facebook but you would imagine something like this would explode,

Lekke spot to ride very popular many HUBBERS ride there I'm sure one or two HUBBERS were very likely there as this time of the year every sani and joberg2c rider is riding out to breedts training up a storm

Strange no one posted

They could of trapped then put the dogs down, out of sight and in a much more humane manner.

I can't see how trapping the dogs and humanly putting them down was not an option when they even state it took place over a day or 2. Regardless they should have made sure no guests or their children were anywhere near this incident.

Hmm. Not sure about this. Farm life meets suburban life. I have lived both. I bet the dog had been a pest and had attacked some animals. Also bet it wasn't an immediate threat to any people. Its unlikely to be a totally feral animal. Belonged to someone in the area I imagine.

Badly handled for sure.

God forbid our children get to see something that is difficult to explain to them but is actually a pretty normal part of the real world.

DIPS it's a public page so you don't need to be on Facebook - the claws are out.

https://www.facebook.com/Van-Gaalens-Cheese-Farm-130208170413498/reviews/?ref=page_internal

I skimmed through the comments, saw one that was rather disturbing - of course not verified, but photos of a guy and his car reg - they claim it's the owner, I have no idea, dumping two dogs :(

Looking at that pic of the guy in the car that's not the owner of VG

This just seems ridiculous to me. They surely cannot spin that bullsh*t that this was their only option!

Bet you every single one of the people calling for a boycott will be riding there before the year is over.

Lots of armchair angels on that page. Till a kid gets his face ripped off. Then the owner is a d**s for biding his time to sort out the issue.

I suppose it would be a waste of time laying charges, his word against theirs?

Discharging a fire arm at a picnic spot (public space)??

Archived